cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada- 28 day Go Roam pass ATWX not working but Roam data passport does

GrizzlyCanada
Fledgling

While in Canada, the 28 day Go Roam pass ATWX is not working for us - since the 26th of September 2024.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and is, according to three, supposed to work in Canada.

Indeed, it does, as I can use it to phone the three technical services with it.

However, I cannot phone anyone else in the UK with it, despite using a SIM that has 28 passes left for Go Roam ATWX.

The phone does have 4G reception and data when I swap the phone SIM with another SIM that has a Roam data passport.

Of course, roaming is enabled on the phone.

I was told that the SIM was faulty. I requested an e-SIM and installed it, but still no data and no phone calls available.

Both phones receive SMS messages.

I have been on the Chat on two occasions and wasted probably about 2-3 hours there, plus about an hour on the phone when we installed the e-SIM card.  

Three have offered to leave the ATWX passes for another time, but this is unacceptable, as we are unlikely to travel to an ATWX destination again.

I am very dissatisfied with three - firstly, that three has not managed to find a solution, as we are a business customer and they have left me hanging without a phone connection. Secondly, Three is not willing to refund the £140 +VAT they have already billed us, without providing the service they promised.

7 REPLIES 7
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, GrizzlyCanada. 

It's disappointing to hear you've been having issues getting access to roaming services while there. I'm unsure what would be causing that to happen. 

Can you confirm if you are able to receive phone calls? What about sending and receiving texts? (not iMessage or whatsapp). 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

The phone does receive text messages but is not able to make phone calls or access data with one of the sims - with the other it does. Tarantella [below] has suggested altering the credit limits and spend cap. I would have tried this two weeks ago, but if I do this now and it works I would pay £140 for two days service, and then we’ll be back in the UK. I am asking now to be credited with the cost of this ATWX pass.

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @GrizzlyCanada,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble accessing calls or data while in Canada.

I'd recommend chatting with our Support team and requesting a refund for the pass you weren't able to activate while abroad.

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Check your spend cap isn't set to zero,  and that your credit limit isn't set to £1

Spend cap has been £10 for a bit more than a week. 
Where can I find out and change the credit limit setting? Do I need to call three - where is it changeable online ?

Unfortunately there is no option to change Credit Limit online. 

Live Chat or calling 333 are the only options.

Possibly should raise your Spend Cap too......

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already spent one hour with three technical assistance two weeks ago and they did not know this is or even suggest this. Now we are only going to be in Canada for a few more days, and activating the £140 package for 2 day's phone reception is wasteful. If what you are suggesting is correct, then three must put this on their website and let their technical staff know about this when a business client calls them. I am not impressed with three. This isn’t good enough.