cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for two accounts

MrDr
Fledgling

I recently noticed that I have been charged twice on my bank account through direct debt and contacted the support team. Originally I thought it was a fraud but then it turned out it was indeed under my name and it is for a phone number. Apparently there was no activity under the phone number either.

I requested a refund, but the adviser said they will wait for the fraud team to investigate. This is clearly not a fraud then. It is clear somehow this account was opened without me genuinely understanding what is going on. As a matter of fact, I do not even remember this account being opened. It is only fair if I receive a full refund for this charge of more than three years.

But it seems three is not being helpful at all for the situation.

Mod note: title edited for clarity

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrDr,

I'm sorry to hear that you've ended up with an additional line that you haven't used. I appreciate this seems time consuming but in the situation you've described, fraud investigators in our Customer Protection Team will do their best to establish if there is any chance of fraud, and following this we'd check for signs of mis-selling or system or employee error.

I'm not sure what evidence will be likely to be available if this is a line activated three years ago, but please let me and the community know how things turn out. Were you advised on a timescale for the investigation?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MrDr
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

I actually received a phone call from the complaint team and the lady today was being very nice. I hope this is resolved in a civil manner as I have used three for almost 10 years now and this is the first time I encounter this issue.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update @MrDr, please let us know how things turn out, and if you need any further help when the complaints team have completed their investigation.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.