cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage warning texts

Kirstyoneil1
Fledgling

Hoping anyone can help me out! I received a text on Friday night saying that I had used 80% of my data leaving me with 5.886G left. I woke up this morning to another text saying I'd used 100% of my data.

On my Three app, it says I've still got 3.6G of 30G left. Can anyone shed any light if I'm now being charged extra to continue using my data? Or if I do still have the 3.6G left?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me I’d go by the total shown in the app. I’ve had strange texts from Three on occasions and when I had occasion to call 333 the other day there was a voice saying there had been issues with texts and emails from Three and it’s was being sorted. I’d still contact customer service though but I’d lay odds on my explanation being near the mark. 

Avondale
Rising star

@Anonymous 

I had a text a couple of weeks' ago saying that Three were closing my PAYG account because of inactivity. It is used heavily every day ! 

In the absence of @JonathanB - presumed to be on holiday - the matter was reviewed by @JohnD who confirmed that the system seemed to have generated the message at random and that I was not the only customer impacted.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

That must have been what the message on 333 related to!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kirstyoneil1,

You mentioned in another thread that you haven't left the country? If you're currently in the UK there's not an option to exceed your data allowance without an add on. So no need to worry about excess data charges. If you do use 100% you'll get redirected to a Three page advising that your data allowance is used up.

I'd definitely like to get this looked into though. Are you able to share a screenshot, or the wording of the two messages as a reply?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here