Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent billing of 4.50 weekly

AmanKin
Fledgling

I have been Billed 4.50 monthly for a year now for a subscription I never made. I have called three and they said to contact the service provider myself! The name of the service on the bill has even changed form Mad4mobile to Fun Vids. How do I stop this. 

4 REPLIES 4
AmanKin
Fledgling

It's not monthly..The 4.50 is a weekly charge. If anyone has any solution to this please help. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

If this is Three pay (and you don’t say it is so I’m making a massive assumption here) then I believe there is a team within customer service whom you can approach to query and  POSSIBLY get a refund from. But I’m not 100% sure as regards refunding you so check. Secondly you must approach the company taking the money and tell them to stop,although how you didn’t notice a £4.50 weekly payment being made for a year is one of life’s mysteries.

Officina-red
Involved

You are suffering from a scam, you need to contact whoever you use to pay these charges, credit card or bank or Three, tell them you are being scammed, they will be able to stop the payments but you may have a hard time getting a refund. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AmanKin,

Did you manage to unsubscribe from this service? If you still need help with this, here's some more info.

This sort of charge will either be added to your bill by Three Pay transaction, or by a reverse charge text, usually from a 5 digit shortcode.

If it's a Three Pay transaction, you can usually unsubscribe from the website or app which subscribed you to this. If you're not sure where this has came from, there should be a helpline number for the provider on the itemised section of your bill. You can usually call them to unsubscribe too.

If it's a reverse charge text shortcode, you can also usually text STOP or STOP ALL back to the shortcode to unsubscribe.

You may also be able to find further support from the Phone-paid Service Authority. They regulate charge to bill services in the UK.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!