cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - Plan not working

Magoo90
Active

I decided to enable the smartphone plan via the galaxy wearable after the 4 day update that took place on 3's end from Thursday to Sunday. 

I've previously done a lot of reading and seen that a lot of customers have struggled with the pairing process on galaxy devices. 

I've previously been an iPhone user and enabled the pairing plan with three for the apple watch. It worked for 6 months with no issues till I moved over to Samsung. 

I enabled it via the galaxy wearable app and it said it was setting up (around 30 minutes). On the morning I turned the phone and the watch on and off a few times. Still nothing. So I attempted to cancel it in the app and try again. From this point on I've been stuck. 

I done a 3 hour web chat with 2 different advisors. One who said they cannot cancel the add on and that they had to pass me to another member of staff (this was after factory resetting the watch and getting asked a hole of random and frankly useless questions). The next advisor said I didn't have the pairing plan activated - then they discconeted. 

So I'm at a loss. I don't know if I'm paying the £7 or not and either way I can't get the app to come pit of this loop.. 

This is the error I get when trying to set up the data plan within the wearable app. 

Galaxy watch 5 pro lte and galaxy s23 ultra. 

Screenshot_20230808_000145_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

Can someone help me out? 

21 REPLIES 21
jnex26
Regular

Yeh in the same hole as you, it is infuriating I was told I cannot have smartphone pairing and I will need to renew my contract before I can switch to smartphone pairing 

I have a complaint open with the complaints team and I'm waiting a response. 

Magoo90
Active

After reading everyone else's issues and then the 4 day update I thought it might have worked. Obviously not. No one at three on web chat seems to know what is going on. The only offer they give is to reset the watch. It's driving me mad! 

Magoo90
Active

Update - spent 2 hours on web chat today and then a further 40 minutes on a phone call after they disconnected me again. No further forward. Apparently been escalated to the back end team. Again told to try and pair the watch. Connect and disconnect Bluetooth. Go on the website buy an add on (which you can't unless you want to buy another watch).

I queried cancelling my 17 year old contract but was told I'd need to buy out my last 8 months at a cost of £122 - which if I have to send any more time on the phone I actually think I will do. 

I've to wait till my new allowance on the 16th - I can tell you now from reading the other comments that it won't work. 

What is the solution? Web chat, socials and phone are unable to help? 

I'm pretty tech savvy. This issue is at 3's end.

Really poor from such a big company.

Still stuck. 

Soph1508
Fledgling

Interested to know if you've had any success as yet? Not sure if you've seen the responses on this one https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Account-and-services/Galaxy-Smart-Watch-service-for-existing-custom...

But they seem to have had some joy?

Magoo90
Active

Yeah that poor guy was at it for months before he got a resolution. 

I've only been at it since Monday. I'm getting passed from pillar to post. The same questions being asked over and over.. I've been told wait for my billing date (16th) to try again - it won't work. I can tell you that now. 

I hope you get lucky and it works. What o will say if it looks like it's trying to connect on the app etc. Don't cancel it or come out. You'll definitely end up stuck like me. 

r0ck3t
Regular

Please check out my post and reply, all responses will be forwarded to my solicitor and financial ombudsman.

Stay away from Three!

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Galaxy-Watch-5-amp-6-Smart-Pairing-Shambles/td-p/16481

Magoo90
Active

Update - got a phone call from tech support. 45 minutes on the phone (had to reset the watch again. So inconvenient). Unable to get it sorted now bring referred to the back end team (again). I was told someone would be in touch with me at some point - however then received a test and an email saying "Your qeury has been closed" and basically they are happy to have solved the issue..... I fear they are going to try and move me onto another contract seen as they can't get the smartphone pairing to appear on my account - which I would be up for if it worked but from reading all the posts it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Genuinely thinking about giving up. What is the point. 

Magoo90
Active

Screenshot_20230816_000521_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

Tried again (after billing was reset on 16th) still nothing - as expected. Jumps between these two errors. 

Updating Media
Magoo90
Active

Another week on. No contact from 3 and the issue still here. Utterly useless. Horrific customer service. @JonathanB any other ideas? The first team you put me onto the social media team immediately forwarded me to the standard web chat team last time FYI.