Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine Three number or Scam?

eymorenos7
Fledgling
Hello, I received calls from different numbers last week and today from these numbers saying that they were calling from Three promotional departments: 

are these numbers genuine promotional department or is it a fraud and should I somehow protect myself now?

@JonathanB 

@sc1999    

3 REPLIES 3
MiriamT
Fledgling

I received a similar call on Monday (from  the number 02045799821) offering me an upgrade that sounded really good and I hung up when they said they needed to 'verify my 6 digit sort code'. I rang Three customer services who confirmed it hadn't been them calling. I reported the number to Ofcom via the 7726 text service. I would put money on your numbers also being fake.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@eymorenos7 definitely scammers, there's advice on this topic and how to report scams and spam on our Fraud to watch out for page.

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

sc1999
Local celebrity

I do not work for 3. All 3 numbers begin 03 so these numbers are more than likely scammers. You can always block the numbers but scammers have too many to block them all.

Your best protection is to politely terminate any call that you think is odd. Legit businesses don't ask for personal details like passwords, parts of passwords or bank info. If unsure ask for the company name and them tell them you are busy and hang up. If they claim to be 3 or you bank then look up the number online, call and ask if they were trying to contact you.

You can also report frauds online.

PS. If it sounds to good to be true it will be.