cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam 7 day Pass

gavinpp
Fledgling

Hi All

Going to Spain in march,do i buy the 7 day EU pass now or day before i set off for Spain,if i buy now does it just come in to play when i connect to a signal in Spain ?? and im there for a week which goes in to 8 days anybody know what i will be charged if i use my phone on the 8th day in Spain has the roam pass will have run out

Many Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

You can buy it now or just before if you like. Either way, the addon will remain on the account until you use the days. The days activate on their own when you use allowances abroad, so it's fairly automated once you have it. 

For the last day there, you will only need to ensure that your spend limit is high enough to allow you to be charged for that one day where you don't already have a pass. Since you won't have an active pre purchased pass available on the last day, the system will automatically charge you for 1 on the day, this will be £2. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

gavinpp
Fledgling

Pete

Many Thanks

Dazie
Fledgling

That's answered my first question, which was do you get to chose a start date or does it start immediately and waste some days. I guess the addon pass sits waiting to be triggered until it is needed.

Now, what time does a 24 hour period start? Is it midnight UK time or midnight local time? Or is it the exact time the phone is first used?

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Dazie,

The 24 hours begin when the pass is activated, so you'll get the full usage from the Add-on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazie
Fledgling

Thanks for your answer.

@KateS wrote:

The 24 hours begin when the pass is activated, so you'll get the full usage from the Add-on.

Does this mean if I first use it at 2am the first day will end at 1:59:59am the following day?

Can I split a 7 day pass up? I am going to Bulgaria for 8 days so could I have a day in the middle where I turn roaming off and not use one of my 7 days?

Also, is it sufficient to turn roaming of on Android to block the day pass triggering, thinking in case of incoming messages or calls? I don't want to use airplane mode as I would still use Wifi.

Note that I know I could just pay another £2 for the 8th day once the pass runs out but I may want a couple of days cold turkey, so to speak!

And I presume I could set the spend cap to £0 to avoid any nasties and still use the 7 day pass bought in advance?

Dazie
Fledgling

Hi @KateS or anyone else from Three,

Could I please have some answers as I fly out this Thursday morning?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dazie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

• Yes it's 24 hours in real time so in your example 2AM-1:59:59AM the next day
  • With the Add ons, once you trigger day 1 it will run for the full duration, so a 7 day pass is 7 consecutive days.
  • Yes you should be able to switch off data roaming on your Android, and as long as you don't make an outgoing call or text to a UK or EU number you won't actually trigger the daily charge or queued add on.
  • We've seen occasional reports of £0 spend limits preventing customers from connecting whilst roaming, but this will be due to the daily charge being blocked, your spend limit stops out of allowance charges, like premium rate numbers, and the daily roaming fees, you will still be able to add Add ons over and above this.

Hope this helps and all makes sense, and moreover that you have a great time in Spain! 🙂

Thanks,
Jonathan

Dazie
Fledgling

Thanks for confirming. 

Gafferted
Fledgling

I’ve just been told in your Watford store that a 7 day roaming pass can be split ie if I go to France for 4 days on a 7 day pass, I can use the remaining 3 days at a later date

is this correct?