cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to buy Data Pack using cash credit?

Jordan022
Fledgling

Hi! I topped up my account with £10, but when I try to get the £10 Data Pack, the app asks for my credit card again. They say I can use my cash credit, but I don't see this option anywhere. Can someone help me?

8 REPLIES 8
Avondale
Rising star

@Jordan022 

I use "Convert credit to Add-ons" on the PAYG app ; that works for me. However, the app can sometimes be temperamental, so do keep trying. 

PH_235
Fledgling

I had this same issue until I realised that you can only "use the cash credit to buy" option if you start the data pack "today". Hope this helps.

TedC
Fledgling

Can you kindly show me how to get to the "Convert credit to Add-On" page, please? I have sufficient credit for the Data Pack that I'm looking to get but the convert option never did pop up in the app. It kept asking me to pay with a credit card. It's been a very frustration experience. Thanks.

Avondale
Rising star

@TedC 

Avondale_0-1691863571517.png

Click on "Buy an Add-on". Incidentally, that's on PC, not using the smartphone app.   

Does that work for you ? 

TedC
Fledgling

Hi Avondale, unfortunately it did not. It was either saying "There aren’t any Add-ons that match your plan", which is the New PAYG plan, or wanting to charge the Data Pack to my credit card with no option of using my cash credit. Very frustrating but thanks for trying to help.

Avondale
Rising star

Hi @TedC 

I wonder if @JonathanB has any suggestions ?

I am on a rather old PAYG plan, so we are not really comparing like with like. However, he might tell you if your package is really meant to work like that or if it is a software "glitch". 

Hoof_Hearted
Fledgling

I have the same problem. I have £45 credit and I want a £35 'Unlimited everything for a month' Add On.

Like others here all I get is sent to the page where it asks for my Visa card.  I don't want to go any further to see if the option is there because I know they won't give me the £35 back if I'm wrong.

If I want this to be added automatically every month I might consider doing that when I have used up the Add on next month.

Can someone provide a step by step guidance note on this please? A video of the procedure would be ideal. I'm going round and round in circles on the website/app.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hoof_Hearted,

I don't have a video for the process but I've found some more info about the process so hope this helps. Please let me know if this matches what you see on the App:

First scroll down and find "Manage Services"

JonathanB_0-1704712595657.png

Find the pack you want then select "Add" then "Continue"

Before selecting "Submit" you should be able to scroll down and find an option to select the payment method, you should be able to select cash credit for one off packs and add ons.

JonathanB_1-1704712758853.png

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.