cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to get my proof of blacklisting

gympsy
Fledgling

I've sent my proof of purchase to proofs@3mail.com multiple times now and customer service in chat have been shocklingly inconsiderate and incompetant. I've had over 10 conversations with customer service (And i've saved each transcript) and sent an email to Sarah Spooner (Director of Service and Customer Experience) and used the CEO Escalations email which was like throwing a brick at a brick wall. 

It feels as though Three has just outsourced every single customer service channel and it's impossible to talk to someone who isn't just following a script. Where is the humanity?! 

My favourite anecdote from customer service is when they started contradicting themselves saying they were looking at my emails to proofs and that there was no attachment, and then following up to say the situation will be completely resolved in 48 hours with no information on how that was actually going to happen! 😂

Would really appreciate some help.. from anyone. It's been a month since my phone was stolen and I am feeling so let down by three

Also, just something to think on: why is Insurance a Label but then I get an error message saying insurance is not permitted in this community? 

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

OFCOM give timescales for many actions that networks need to meet but blacklisting is not one of them. Why?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gympsy,

I'm really sorry to hear of all the issues you've been facing with obtaining the proof documents. We can't access or amend your account on the community, but I'm happy to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

In terms of the Insurance label, this should be working though. Did you select it from the list of labels (as opposed to typing it in) when you were creating the post? You have to use the specific labels permitted from the lists so there may be a formatting issue if the label was typed in.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

gympsy
Fledgling

For anyone that stumbles on this post, Jonathan referred me to the social media team, who then said they have actioned sending me the proof of blacklisting but I received no email after waiting 5 working days and simply an email from three saying "query has been closed".

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gympsy,

I'm checking in with the team to see what happened. The email you received will be an automated one but normally your case handler will check in by email too to make sure the issue has been sorted out. I'll chase this up and make sure you're contacted.

Thanks,
Jonathan

gympsy
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, 

There has still been no resolution and no one has reached out. I've checked my spam and there is still nothing. Please could you help? I'm about £700 out of pocket for a phone that was stolen almost 2 months ago. Insurance won't pay out until i can display a proof of blacklisting which i can only get from three. 

I'm sort of at my wits end with this every route seems to end up with a dead end trying to get this document. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gympsy,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have chased this with your case handler, has there definitely not been any email contact from the team in the meantime?

Thanks,
Jonathan

gympsy
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, since my last post I was contacted again by Anthony (28th November) asking for the IMEI that needs to be blocked. I then followed up on 4th December to which I was told (on the same day) that they will let me know any updates about providing the proof of blacklisting. 

I then sent a follow up on the 15th December asking for any updates because I received yet another email from three saying my case has been resolved which rings alarm bells as I'm not sure if my issue is being looked at anymore. 

Would you be able to help chase up as I've not heard any updates yet? Just to reiterate its been 3 months since I first asked to blacklist my device, not even sure if my insurance company would accept the proof so late anyway which would put me about £800 out of pocket for something that should have been sorted months ago.

Just to add: I have checked junk and spam consistent for these emails as well.

gympsy
Fledgling

And just like that, its in my inbox now. 

Its just a formal letter with company letterhead. I'll send this through to my insurance company and hopefully it is accepted.