cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent change of Date of Birth

alanroche1
Fledgling

Hi, 

I urgently need to update my date of birth in the three system. I was in the process of discussing a renewal/upgrade and it was flagged to me that when setting up my account someone at Three put my date of birth down wrong. I was told to email proof of my ID, along with a new address etc to the Proof email which I did for the first time on the 5th October, and then again this morning. The DOB has still not been updated and I urgently need a new fone as my current handset is having issues. 

Please can someone look into this for me ASAP - I have been sending the proof of ID to the proof email from my own email related to this three account. 

Thanks, 

Alan. 

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Superstar

We are mainly customers on this forum so you’ll need to keep chasing customer service. Or you could go into a Three shop with your requested proofs. That would speed things up. 

Bradyboy2
Fledgling

I was waiting on an apple i phone 15 coming, i phoned up three and they said there was nothing on the system about my upgrade, the woman i spoke to then said she'd do it with me and i order another one, after i give her everything she asks for my name and DOB and she says my DOB they have on the system is wrong, i told her no it isn't and she basically told me i had to contact proofs@3mail.com and update my details but i told her i had my laptop and i'd do it whilst on the phone, she then made up many excuses and said i'd need to send documents to prove my age, i have no passport or driving license and three just want people's personal details so they can share them with others. I was so angry i just hung up on her and said i'd go elsewhere as i've gave three thousands over the years but I'm so angry at what they done to me i'm seriously thinking of going elsewhere if they don't sort this out for me, Colin.

Bradyboy2
Fledgling

This is just a scam by three to get your documents, i as aiting on a new Apple i phone 15 and i waited 3 weeks so i phoned them and asked what was happening with my ph, the woman said she seen nothing on her system about any phone, i was so angry so i ended up asking her to do it, she said no probs, we went through ein, she asked me the colour i wanted and took my details, ein was fine and then at the end she asked me my name and DOB, she then said my DOB wasn't what they had on the system and someone must've put in wrong DOB before, i just laughed as i knew she was making it up and i said i'd update my details right then as i had the laptop next to me and she then made up other excuses and said i'd need to send documents to proofs@3mail.com i just hung up and said i'd go elsewhere as not being treated like this, i have no idea what to do now and i feel like just going elsewhere if i get no help.

JJ1
Fledgling

Got same problem got 2 accounts with three phone and broadband went to upgrade phone contract was told thats not the date on their system was declined a handset and credit stained for 90 days went to try and upgrade a sim only as you dont need a credit check but was refused due to wrong dob when i checked both accounts ive seen theyve put my dob on 1 account as month/day/year instead of day/month/year was told to send proof to proofs it can take 24/48 hrs called them back after 2 days then was told it can take 5 working days i think three want people to leave as the contracts you have and the ones they offer nowadays there is a big difference in price and data they think their smart 

JJ1
Fledgling

Got same problem got 2 accounts with three phone and broadband went to upgrade phone contract was told thats not the date on their system was declined a handset and credit stained for 90 days went to try and upgrade a sim only as you dont need a credit check but was refused due to wrong dob when i checked both accounts ive seen theyve put my dob on 1 account as month/day/year instead of day/month/year was told to send proof to proofs it can take 24/48 hrs called them back after 2 days then was told it can take 5 working days i think three want people to leave as the contracts you have and the ones they offer nowadays there is a big difference in price and data they think their smart