cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect GoRoam fair usage texts?

Softmint
Fledgling

Hi. I have a Pay Monthly plan which includes GoRoam Europe at £2/day. I travelled to France in June and received texts saying that I had used 80% of the 12GB fair usage allowance. When I looked at June’s bill I had only used a total of 3.7GB roaming that month and had correctly paid the £2/day charge - why did I get the 80% text, when I hadn’t even used 50%? I then travelled to France again in July, after my billing cycle had reset between trips, and again received 80% and then 100% of fair usage data used, even though I had only been messaging. This led me to purchase 2x Data Passports for the final 2 days of my trip, but now I suspect that my actual usage was well below the fair usage limit again and that I have wasted my money. I’ll find out in July’s bill. Has anyone else had this or know what might be going on?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Softmint,

We've received other reports of this issue and are investigating why these texts have triggered early. The data usage info in your Three App should still be reliable whilst we're sorting this out.

I'm sorry to hear this has prompted you to buy Data Passports that may not have been necessary. We'll need to take a closer look at your account to check out the actual usage, so I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with more help in case we can get this addressed before the July bill is produced.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
MRDB90
Active

I’ve recently been to Spain and paid £10 for a 7 day pass. I got the 80% and 100% used texts 1 hour after landing but I just continued using my phone as normal.

I’ve since recieved my bill and everything is fine,I’ve been charged £10 and that’s it. The texts are clearly going out in error and causing panic/stress to people. 

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Softmint,

We've received other reports of this issue and are investigating why these texts have triggered early. The data usage info in your Three App should still be reliable whilst we're sorting this out.

I'm sorry to hear this has prompted you to buy Data Passports that may not have been necessary. We'll need to take a closer look at your account to check out the actual usage, so I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with more help in case we can get this addressed before the July bill is produced.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry it took time to identify this issue. It should now be resolved and all roaming notifications should now be accurate, but if you notice any notifications that don't look right whilst roaming, or if your billing doesn't look right after any recent trips please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

antinbath
Regular

Within a few minutes of landing in Japan today I received an SMS that I'd used 100% of my data roaming.

The thing is I have Data Roaming Off for my Three Sim. I bought an eSIM and I'm using that for data. 

Later in the day I received an SMS that I reached my Spend Cap. 

I'm so concerned I've disabled my Three Sim. 
Hsving had issues in summer with SMS and being told I reached my cap when I didn't I've screenshots to prove I didn't use my Three Sim for data.

I've gone through Live Chat for an hour but got nowhere. I've asked for it to be escalated.

It's really negatively affecting my holiday (again) - I've spent three hours trying to sort it out.

Scottishmanc
Fledgling

I have also just had a very similar issue. I have been in Crete for 48 hours when I got a text saying I had used all of my 12Gb fair usage roaming allowance. That just isn’t possible when I connected to the villa Wi-Fi as soon as arriving and have been on Wi-Fi for most of the 48 hours. No streaming, just occasional use of google maps and WhatsApp. I usually don’t even use 12Gb in an entire month in the UK despite travelling for work 2 or 3 days per week. I was also disappointed with the live chat function - the only option offered was to buy data for £5 each day and the chat was suddenly ended when I (very politely) challenged that there must be another solution. Please can this be investigated

MRDB90
Active

Just continue using your phone as normal after receiving texts, I did. I’ve since recieved my bill and everything’s fine.  It’s really frustrating these texts are still going out in error.

cgkhive
Active

These texts going out scare customers into stopping using their phones, thus reducing the costs to Three for overseas roaming.  That's teetering on fraud in my view.  This has happened to me on three occasions.  

On the last occasion, I reset the statistics on my phone as instructed by Three after I raised a formal complaint.  When I received a text saying I'd used 80% of my 12GB allowance, my stats showed I had used 2.2GB.

Some moderators on here say the stats on the app are accurate.  But they do not show what roaming data has been used in the current month.  

CO
Regular

same issue here. received the text saying that I used 100% of the 12GB allowance within 6 hours of arriving in Europe. I have since been able to add up my data usage and the total on the first day came to 0.11GB. 

During my holiday I contacted support team twice plus also had an investigation started, the answer on all occasions was that there was no error and that I had used up my fair data allowance, and the only solution offered was to buy the daily £5 data passport add on. I have contacted them again after my holiday and they finally admitted that this was an error.

Reading through the other messages on the Three community board it is clear that this issue dates back quite a few months and that they are quite aware of this but have no interest in resolving this and have customers buying the daily £5 roaming add on instead. Please make sure you contact Three to get a refund on any add ons they sold you in error. 

Prez
Fledgling

I recently passed through France on 29th July and was charged £1.69 Daily GO Roam. On the 30th I purchased a 14 Day Go Roam Pass - EU for £20. Had a text today saying I've hit my £50 Credit limit and won't be able to access any services outside of my allowance - unless I make a payment. I just checked my bill and see that I was charger for data on Aug 2nd which when I add my monthly,  plus the £20 Go Roam comes to around £50. How can this be right? Have I missed something? I have a SIM only unlimited contract.