cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isle of Man

JulieIOM
Regular

I'm living on the Isle of Man and for the last 3 years service has been great.  However 3 months ago this changed 😭 I'm being charged for roaming when the 3 website says it's excluded from charges, and I've double checked and it should be included in my allowances.  I'm now paying extra and every time I contact support they promise me it's fixed then I look at my bill and there's extra on it not just for data but for calls and texts too.  Can anyone help me 🙏 I'm at a loose end what to do.  My nephew in visiting on his 3 contract and he can't get service either 😭

10 REPLIES 10
sc1999
Local celebrity

Send a pm to Jonathan, you can find the details here. He dealt with the last IoM issue.

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @JulieIOM 

That's really frustrating! 

Can you make sure that you've got auto-connect off, and manually select the "Manx" network? This network is excluded, however, if your device is manually connecting to "Sure" this will be what has caused the charge to appear. 

If you can confirm if this gets you and your nephew connected? 

Thanks 

John D

JulieIOM
Regular

Hi John, I checked just now and I am signed on to Sure 4G ... Within seconds of turning the data on I received a text from 3 saying I was being charged £1.67 so no that's not worked and it's cost me 😜 any other suggestions please?  ... Just re-read your reply, sorry I'll try Manx ... It was the last agent who tried to help me put me on Sure 4G.  

Result... Still getting charged for calls and data on Manx Telecom 4G 😭

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JulieIOM,

I'm not sure if you've seen my reply to your PM yet but the team I've directed you to there are aware of the issue, and should be able to help with any impact to your billing.

The overall issue is under investigation. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long till your connection is working as normal again.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

JulieIOM
Regular

Hi Johnathan, still having the same issues, tried speaking to your contact and initially it looked promising but he's not answering any of my emails to him. Being charged for calling on Island (it used to be free.to call an IOM number if you were on the IOM) also I've started getting the messages again about the daily roaming charge... I'll be leaving 3 at the end of Jan if we can't fix this issue.  Shame, as it was so good to start with.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @JulieIOM,

I'm sorry to hear this issue is persisting for you. I'll look into if there's any other ways to pursue this. Is this happening whilst connected to Sure, Manx, or happening with both networks now?

Thanks,
Jonathan

JulieIOM
Regular

Hi @JonathanB ... thanks again for getting back to me.  I'm on Manx as the Sure networks all show up as forbidden? I'm still being charged for every call and my bills just keep getting bigg😔

tarantella
Established

Could the problem be that IOM is not part of the UK, and therefore Three are charging you because they regard this as "roaming" on a long-term, permanent basis ?

Not sure about your nephew though: he should be fine. 

And when I was there just over a year ago I roamed seamlessly and with no charges,  as in ROI.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

Good suggestion, but we're looking into the issue and it doesn't seem like the amount of time spent abroad is relevant. I suspect there's an issue with the usage info passing between Three and the Isle of Man providers, Manx and Sure.