cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage all my phone numbers under one online account.

mariutto
Regular

The Problem:I cannot add any other numbers to this new online account system that Three has setup.
I have no way to login to my other 4 phone numbers until this is resolved, Please can Three developers make this an urgent issue, you have effectively disabled customers with this change.

I have been reading that I have to have a different email address for each phone number I have. I have 5 phone numbers.
This makes no sense, it's going to make people setup fake emails just to get into their accounts and you are going to end up with a huge amount of duplication in your customer DB. Such an odd design decision. 

btw. Web Chat support told me this was done by design and is the best security model and that "Face Book" and "Twitter" are following Three's lead to also do this. (obviously, a complete nonsense, anyway that's beside the point but it made me laugh)

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

You are correct, no one can understand the logic in this. Instead of individual email addresses what 3 need to use is a unique number that the user can remember, and you know exactly where I am going. Answers on an email to: howcouldyougetitsowrong@3.co.uk.

The company I used to work for had 40-50 phones and each account had to be checked for call charges that were not work related. Just imagine having to log in 40-50 times to check each account.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mariutto,

I appreciate the frustration and I do pass all feedback on from the community. I'm hopeful in the future you'll be able to merge all your lines onto one My3 login. For the moment unique email addresses is the only solution to manage these separate accounts.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MarvEllis
Active

@JonathanB wrote:

Hi @mariutto,

I appreciate the frustration and I do pass all feedback on from the community. I'm hopeful in the future you'll be able to merge all your lines onto one My3 login. For the moment unique email addresses is the only solution to manage these separate accounts.

Thanks,
Jonathan

But I think Three needs explain why they have introduced this crazy system forcing an individual person who has more than one phone number to generate separate email addresses for each one. All I received from them was a note to say that, due a system change, I needed to re-register my account. I saw no mention whatever that a separate email address was now needed for every single number. So I consider Three failed to inform me properly about this idiotic need to generate separate email addresses.

mariutto
Regular

Some time on from my post. The situation gets worse. 
so I accepted that I will need to setup a new email for each phone number. But the registration process complains that the account is registered to another email for ALL my numbers. 

I am currently abroad and I have no way to self manage my spend limit and I’ve hit my cap! Arrgh so dumb! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mariutto,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with managing your accounts. I'll send you a message to get you in touch with some colleagues who can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.