cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPTP VPN Connection Being Blocked

mking90031
Fledgling

Hi,

Am I the only that has an issue with Three blocking access to their personal (or business) VPN?  I think it's high time that all mobile providers provide access to the whole internet without reasonable restrictions!  Please can you unblock my connection immediately!

Thanks,

Mark King MCP

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mking90031,

I'm not aware of us specifically blocking any VPN services, but I am looking into some reports of issues using some of them on our network. If you're able to help me understand in more detail what you've been experiencing, I'll do my best to help.

Can you let me know which VPN provider you're running into difficulties with, what mobile(s) or router(s) you're using, and how the connection is being disrupted? E.g. are you unable to connect whatsoever, or intermittently or randomly being disconnected?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

TT
Fledgling

Same issue for me - it’s been driving me crazy. Both Teleport (UniFi) and L2TP PPTP connections don’t work on my iPhone when on 4G/5G with 3. Changing the APN to 3internet instead of three.co.uk fixes it. I can see that only IPv6 is configured using the three.co.uk APN when the VPN capability doesn’t work. Looks like the fact there’s no IPv4 addresses/DNS being assigned is the cause.

Andy11
Fledgling

This has resolved my issue connecting to a VPN.  Is there a negative impact from changing the APN?