cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Australia

Shauna1978
Fledgling

My son (17) has a monthly contract. We took out November 2022. He is travelling to Australia for 3.5 weeks. In the Uk he has an unlimited data package. From what I understand he can roam free of charge for 56 days. But if he goes over fair usage data amount for the month- he will be charged. He will probably do this as school trip with lots of internal plane and coach travel. What is best way for me to prepare ao I don’t get shocked with a big bill? 

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

Have a look at the roaming guide and FAQs here. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Australia is one of the Go Roam ATW destinations. In order to use allowances there, the plan would need to have a Go Roam ATW pass active. Some plans do come with these, with the largest being for 56 days. You can view the add-on page within the app, where the Go Roam ATW pass should show if he has them. If not, he can buy some from the Add-on page too. 

If he decides not to buy them, using allowances in Australia would cost £5 per day. There's a fair use limit of 12GB per month while roaming, anything beyond that amount would start to be charged at 0.3p per MB, which works out as £3 per GB. 

MZone has linked to our Go Roam info page, so there's lots more info there if you're curious. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.