cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges offer

DS
Fledgling

All, I would like to know if anyone else was offered the opportunity to get free roaming if you signed up for a contract before the 1st Oct 2021? I was offered this and signed up 30 Oct 21. I have recently found out that as 3 did not process my contract until the next day I was not given the free roaming.
Customer service whilst being helpful could not do anything re this and filed a complaint 24 hours later I received a message from complaints saying they had done everything possible (this did not include correspondence with me) and that there was nothing they could do. Complaints a waste of time and now it is off to the ombudsman and a well known national newspaper.
Many years with 3 and five phone accounts, this counts for nothing with 3. please respond if you have had a similar situation as I would like to understand if this is a common practice by the network.

8 REPLIES 8
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi DS,

I'm really sorry to hear about this confusion with your Go Roam terms. Was this a typo where you've said "30 Oct 21"? If the sale was on 30 Sep 21 but the contract activated on the 1 Oct 2021, my understanding is that you should still be on the old terms with no daily charge.

Have you incurred charges, or received a message that you will incur the daily charge? If you can fill me a little bit more on what's happened, I'll do my best to help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DS
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for the response.

Yes that is a typo. the offer was sign up by 30th Sept (before 1st October) to benefit from the offer. I did check with the online sales team to make sure that even though my contract did not expire for a couple of weeks after that date that I would still be given the offer. (I have screen shots of the conversation although no-one from 3 seems interested in this). I signed up online on the 30th September.

I had not realised anything was amiss until i started to travel again recently and found that my service was cut off as I had reached my set spend limit. On contacting customer services I was told several different sign up dates until eventually I was told the correct details that I did the application on the 30 but it was not processed until the 1st and therefore did not qualify for the benefit. As customer services said there was nothing they could do they raised a complaint for me and submitted it. A stated above I received a response stating there was nothing they could do and a link to the regulator.

Whilst I have paid roaming charges, this is not about the money, this is about 3 having an absolutely awful attitude and a complete disregard towards its customers.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi DS,

It's really disappointing to hear about how this has been dealt with. I'd like to get this looked into in more detail. I'll send you a PM with guidance so that we can get the complaint investigated further.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

jess_937
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB

Can you let me know how this was rectified, please? I am currently having the same issue with Three. 

Three seem to be completely ignoring what I am saying and the evidence I am providing which proves my points. They are saying that because my contract start date was 12.10.2021 roaming is not included, yet roaming has been included up until last month. I upgraded on 16.09.2021 and kept the billing date of 12th of every month for a smooth transition. 

Thanks.

Jess 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jess_937,

I'll be happy to take a look into this for you. Can you help me understand in a bit more detail? You have been receiving free roaming in the last two and a half years till a recent trip abroad is that correct? And there's been no change of plan or upgrades since September 2021?

Thanks,
Jonathan

jess_937
Fledgling

Correct, there has been no change of plan or upgrade since I believe it was 16.09.2021, but my billing date remained as the 12th of every month when I completed this upgrade so Three are arguing this is when my contracted started. Now Three are saying it is not possible to change the roaming policy despite it being included for the past 2.5 years until my trip abroad a few weeks ago for work. Something has changed/happened and Three are refusing to recognise this or honour my plan. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jess_937,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. I just want to reassure you that I'm still looking into this. I'll let you know as soon as I have any more info or updates.

Thanks,
Jonathan

jess_937
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB

Three are now saying that this is a system error and I have been not been charged roaming for 2.5 years due to the system error even though I upgraded on 16.09.2021? Can this be correct?