cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls from people claiming to be 3

Hatshepsut
Fledgling

Keep getting calls from this number: 03333381017 - by people with "offers" for my 3 plan. They are very persistent and I have good reasons to think they're scammers but just wanted to be certain they're not some overzealous subcontractors working for 3. 

41 REPLIES 41
nearly_scammed
Fledgling

I also had scam calls purporting to be from Three offering a great discount on contract, who could give my address and bank details, send Three verification codes and also I got the Three notification that my email had been changed.  Numbers 0122******* 07782****** and 03333381001 came up on my call history. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nearly_scammed,

I'm sorry to hear you've also received these calls. I've removed the mobile/landline numbers from the post, as these are usually "spoofed" this means that there may be a real UK number, which the usually overseas, scammers are faking the call from. We don't call from 01/02/07 numbers, please report these calls using the advice on our Fraud to watch out for page.

Our staff wouldn't be offering you details like addresses or bank info, and in terms of receiving a code they may have been simultaneously calling or chatting with customer services to trigger this. Given you've mentioned they already seemed to have info about you, and that you received notifications about an email chnage, and particularly if you did confirm a passcode with them, I'd recommend to follow the steps here on the Report a problem page

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.