cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate emails needed for broadband and mobile?

skg
Fledgling

Hi

I have a pay monthly contract, had it for 3 months. I then signed up for 5g broadband about a month ago.

It seems that I need to setup a new email address to be able to log in to the broadband account, as they cannot both be registered to one email address. Despite signing up for both using one email address. Live chat confirmed this. Is this a known/common issue or am I missing the point somewhere?

Seems a bit unnecessary to have to create an email address to access a second service? It will be the only service I'd use the email address for I'd imagine.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Your post is the latest in a long list. Yes, you do need separate emails for each number. No  we have no clue why and we have not heard the reasoning why from 3's  genius who thought it would be a good idea. Just how a company with dozens of numbers to manage are coping I have no idea.

skg
Fledgling

Thanks - good to know I'm not missing something. Now to devise a system whereby I can remember the new email address details in 23 months time when they are next needed...

sc1999
Local celebrity

1password.com