cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim registration on ipad - how do i make contact with three without a verifiaction code that i cant

Rogercorti
Fledgling

New sim card but unable to register on my ipad as any verification code sent cannot be seen as it's not registered! About to cancel contract as service is abysmal

3 REPLIES 3
Clever-Trevor
Involved

You will need to put SIM in a phone or MiFi to receive codes ( as iPad will not see sms msgs ) - this is only way or visit store. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Rogercorti,

I'm really sorry to hear you haven't been able to receive the SMS codes. iPads have never supported text, I appreciate that's frustrating but Apple don't build support for text on these devices. You'd need to use the SIM in another device as @Clever-Trevor says.

I'm sorry if this is causing any disruption, my understanding is that customer services can help you set up an alternative number for notifications if you've got a data only SIM.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Paddiewack
Superstar

In most cases sims are automatically activated within 24 hours. But if you’re near a Three shop and have photo id they should be able to sort it out for you. I would suggest you check with the shop first to confirm that’s the case.