Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Watch pairing

shawty1984
Fledgling

Why does it say 

Smart- watch Pairing 24m

Smartwatch Pairing allows you to share the allowances in your Package with your smartwatch. Smartwatch Pairing 24m is included in your Package and forms part of your Monthly Charge. The Smartwatch Pairing Plan does not include any calls, texts or data so your smartwatch must be paired with your phone to enable your smartwatch to share the allowances included in your Package.

Included in the monthly price for your package 

Yet when you go and add it, it tries to charge you £7pm?

16 REPLIES 16
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

The Social Media Team as well as the Moderators here can't see or access your account info, this is why you were directed to the Support Team via the link. 

I'm still confused though as I'm unsure which terms and conditions you're referring to. Could you provide a link or image of what part you're referring to? That will likely help us get on the same page. Please make sure anything you attach doesn't include personal information. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

shawty1984
Fledgling

I'm not sure why you're confused? Surely, working for Three, you have a list of terms and conditions of everything that was sold? 

https://www.three.co.uk/content/dam/threedigital/terms-and-conditions/price-guides/latest-price-guid...

Screenshot_20240805_143908_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shawty1984,

Thanks for helping clear things up for us, we weren't clear on where you were sharing the info from, but we can certainly clarify this now. That's the Price Guide document, not the "Terms and Conditions for using the Three Network". You'll find those here: Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go | Three

The section you're referring to is part of the section on "Additional Services" these detail add ons, and additional charges. Whilst we understand where the confusion is coming from, the statement you're referring to is implied as "If" you have this add on, then it'd be included in your monthly plan charge, as it's an additional service.

Furthermore the 24M refers to the 24 months of the contract minimum term, this needs to be set up at the same time as when you establish the plan, otherwise you must choose the 1M (one month rolling) version instead.

We launched smartwatch pairing in June 2022, so if you took the SIM only out in September 2021 you wouldn't have been able to take it with the 24M smartwatch pairing, as the service didn't exist yet.

Hope this helps clear things up,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

shawty1984
Fledgling

The link I posted to you is listed as terms and conditions, this is where you get the price guide from. It forms part of the terms and conditions, surely? 

I'm sorry, but implies is not good enough. Who is implying this? You can't just imply something in an official document, especially when it states -

"Included in the monthly price for your package"

Please can you show me where it needs setting up as the same time as the plan? Nowhere I've seen does it state any such thing. 

I don't care if the service didn't exist yet, that's the terms and conditions price guide for the plan I took out, which clearly states its included in the price for my package. Unless you can point me directly where it states my plan doesn't count? 

I'm not trying to be rude, but it specifically states I should be getting it. And here you are saying it implies something else, which simply isn't good enough. 

So let's be clear. I have an official document from your website that states I should be receiving smartwatch pairing as part of my plan. Can you provide me with official documentation that says I shouldn't be?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shawty1984,

Sorry if this last response caused some confusion. I'll try to be clearer.

We're not disputing that the Price Guides are part of the terms and conditions section of the Three website, however please bear in mind there are links to a large number of documents there. We've been assuming you were referring to the Pay Monthly terms and conditions documents, as you didn't mention Price Guides until today.

Just to be clearer on the point regarding "Additional services" this is exactly what the Price Guide document you've made reference to says when introducing these.

"Additional Services

These are the additional, optional or extra services you can bolt on to your plan
and include our range of Add-ons, the cost of calling Special Numbers and our
International Charges."

This means any add ons described in the remainder of the document are not a default part of the plan. I understand your argument and interpretation, but it is not correct, and we've clarified the correct interpretation now.

Thanks,
Jonathan

shawty1984
Fledgling

I'm sorry but it still doesn't clear anything up at all. 

I have clear documentation from the Three website that states that it's included as part of my plan. 

You are saying it needs to be - 

"this needs to be set up at the same time as when you establish the plan"

Please can you provide supporting documentation to show otherwise. 

It's also not my interpretation. Nowhere does it state that it needs adding on at the start of the plan. It specifically states - 

"Smart- watch Pairing 24m

Smartwatch Pairing allows you to share the allowances in your Package with your smartwatch. Smartwatch Pairing 24m is included in your Package and forms part of your Monthly Charge. The Smartwatch Pairing Plan does not include any calls, texts or data so your smartwatch must be paired with your phone to enable your smartwatch to share the allowances included in your Package.

Included in the monthly price for your package."

That's in the very terms for the plan I took out. It's clearly not my interpretation. I don't think it could get any more clear. You seem to be adding stuff at your will but can't back it up with official documentation. 

I suggest at this point, you are breaking your own terms. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Okay @shawty1984,

We're sorry that we're not finding a place of agreement here. If you would like to raise a complaint feel free to do so here.

We're not going to continue to argue with you here, Smartwatch pairing 24m does not apply to every customer on an Advanced plan, it's an "add on", and it follows that we wouldn't have an additionally chargeable version of this (the 1m £7/month version) if every customer was entitled to this as included in their plan.

We'll close this thread now, as we're clearly not reaching a point of understanding.

Thanks,
Jonathan