cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend Cap?! £30

zhangyunlisa
Fledgling

Hi, I am in a non-roaming country. I set my spend Lo cap to £30 at 8:43am on 28/07/2023 and got a message three “ Hi there, We've changed your Spend Cap to £30. It's already kicked in, so you're good to go. First you've heard about this? Let us know right away: three.co.uk/contact-us”

Then then at the same day 11:57am on 28/07/2023, I got another message from three “ Hi there, You've reached your monthly £30 Spend Cap - so your out-of-allowance services have been stopped until your next billing date. You can either wait until your allowances refresh, or log in to update your Spend Cap: three.co.uk/account”!!!!, how could this happen?!

I didn’t make any phone call out, didn’t send messages, mobile data was “off” all the time. During this three hours, I only got two missed calls from UK, didn’t answer them. Then immediately after the second missed call, I got this message and the phone number is not working?! It says “currently can not take phone call” !!! How could this happen? I didn’t make any phone call out, didn’t send messages, mobile data was “off” all the time. During this three hours, I only got two missed calls from UK, didn’t answer them. Then immediately after the second missed call, I got this message and the phone number is not working?! 

what this £30 spend cap was spend on? After I talked to customer service online, they can’t check the spend as they said it doesn’t showing real time?! Then they raised spend cap to £32, then I can receive phone calls now. It worries me now, where is this £30 was spent on? 

any thought?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear you've had unexpected charges while Roaming. I understand how frustrating that can be. For roaming charges, it sometimes can't be viewed in real time like local usage can be. In order to know what you were charged for, you'd need to view the bill. 

Once your bill has generated, you can load it up through My3, and you'll know then why you were charged. 

Pete.