cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Register Multiple Phones

Richtrash
Fledgling

I have been trying to register a number of phones but it appears that the only way to do this is by assigning a different email address for each mobile number.  I can register the first number OK but as soon as I try to register the second one it's rejected because the details are already registered, why are Three using the email address to differentiate between accounts, is the mobile number not a good enough differentiator.

I spent over 2 hours with various customer and tech support personnel only to reach the conclusion that it can't be done.

So if I had 20 phone numbers I would need 20 separate email addresses to be able to register them for the My3 App.

I'm told this is for security, my account for the second phone number is very secure because I haven't got an account and I certainly won't be creating an additional email to fulfil Threes stupid requirements.

Am I the only person with more than one Three Mobile numbers, looking at moving to another provider that doesn't need multiple email addresses to register.

24 REPLIES 24
Glassblade
Fledgling

Idiocy beyond words - I think it's finally time to leave! 

cbeds7
Fledgling

I'm in exactly the same situation, I have 3 accounts which were all registered with the numbers and now I need 3 email addresses which in my opinion giving my details to 2 new email providers isn't very secure for me

stoney
Fledgling

I have the same issues and as their website states, 

"Got more than one number?

If you’ve got multiple numbers associated with your account, contact us to re-register for My3."

I did this and the advisor from 3 said it wasn't possible, after explaining that I am only following advice from the 3 help page I was then told that it is a technical glitch and I should contact them again in a few days. It's a good job I don't need access to my other accounts to check my bills, change my spending cap, amend my direct debit details or check my contract end date... oh wait...

If it's so much effort just to do a simple thing then maybe it's time to find a company that makes it easier.

AnnieJ
Fledgling

Nothing's changed. I have 4 numbers, all paid from my bank account, and today was told I need a separate email address for each number????  I don't have 4 email addresses. Was told by the advisor that I need to create them!!

gokoye
Fledgling

I’m have exactly the same issue! 
Don’t see why I need several emails to see my account they should have thought of this when they were upgrading there system 

Have raised as a complaint not sure what will happen 

very frustrating 

mr_phone
Fledgling

Same problem here.  Like @stoney above, I phoned the chap in India as directed by the website.  He seemed bemused and eventually told me it couldn't be done.

I'M GOING TO HAVE TO FIND A NEW PHONE PROVIDER IF THIS ISN'T SORTED.  Which appears is going to be a challenge in itself, as even generating a PAC code is too difficult for 3.

Zycon
Regular

I'm in the same situation, THREE have the worst customer service and awareness, I'm moving and nothing they will say, no special offer will change my mind I've just had enough of them.

Lot's of people must have their own account and there childrens account on the same email address, this policy is ridiculous.

Miradoruk
Fledgling

Same here, absolute joke!

FlashTay
Fledgling

Having the same issue got my sim only account and wifi account with the same email phoned them twice in 2 days saying i can't register my wifi account all i got told was to wait 24 hours then try so i waited next day well over 24 hours and still can't phoned them again today and said exactly same thing wait 24 hours if it doesn't work contact us again it seems like the advisors don't even know what there doing them selfs definitely will be switching providers when my contract is up no ifs or buts bye THREE!!