cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Register Multiple Phones

Richtrash
Fledgling

I have been trying to register a number of phones but it appears that the only way to do this is by assigning a different email address for each mobile number.  I can register the first number OK but as soon as I try to register the second one it's rejected because the details are already registered, why are Three using the email address to differentiate between accounts, is the mobile number not a good enough differentiator.

I spent over 2 hours with various customer and tech support personnel only to reach the conclusion that it can't be done.

So if I had 20 phone numbers I would need 20 separate email addresses to be able to register them for the My3 App.

I'm told this is for security, my account for the second phone number is very secure because I haven't got an account and I certainly won't be creating an additional email to fulfil Threes stupid requirements.

Am I the only person with more than one Three Mobile numbers, looking at moving to another provider that doesn't need multiple email addresses to register.

24 REPLIES 24
B_
Fledgling

Over the years Three has actively encouraged and promoted taken out an extra contract. They have offers running on this all of the time. They also promote home internet. All of which includes in the new contract dig up process needing to provide your matching email. Now there is a service wide need to re-register where the same email address cannot be used more than once. To put it in terms of product planning and user experience design: Very poor to not consider what is a primary use case and user story, starting: Customer has one contract with single device…; Customer has a mobile device contract and due to how Three has promoted additional contracts the customer also has other contracts such as a home router contract and or a mobile hotspot contract and or tablet contract and or additional mobile device contracts…

SGL_Simon
Regular

I'm in the same position with 3 as I have multiple accounts. After talking to many different advisors for this I eventually logged a complaint about it. Had a really helpful (in that it was unhelpful) conversation with the customer retention team. Whilst there is absolutely nothing they can do until the entire system upgraded following the merger they have been able to set up a text service to me that gives me my bill amount each month for the accounts.

Can't wait for it all to be fixed. As a work around, if you use Gmail as your primary email account you can set up alias accounts which feed into the main account. There's plenty of articles out there if you search for Gmail Alias. Basically, you can only receive email from it, but for the likes of the way Three has botched the upgrade it works for multiple accounts. For example you can have me+iphone@gmail.com, and then me+tablet@gmail.com and so on for each account but all the mail will only be sent to your primary email account.

Whilst I know it's not an ideal fix, it does kind of let us all access each account once again.

0rinoco
Fledgling

My wife and I both had phones on the same account using just one email address. My wife recently passed away and her account has been closed. I now want to add another phone, but seems like I might have a problem. If so, new provider is my next step.

parker23613
Fledgling

I risk physical violence if I get caught creating another email address.  I desperately need access to my account.  Live chat and customer support is now closed.  Three have essentially locked me out off my account without informing me of any changes...

drydenl
Fledgling

I requested to have my account cancelled on the basis that I am being restricted from accessing my account details unless I provide an additional email address. I do not have another email address other than work which is not for personal use. Three assume I should be able to use my work email, but I cannot, and even if I could, I totally disagree with this approach. I am the contract owner of two accounts and I have one email address. If Three cannot manage this for me I believe I should be able to withdraw from the contract without having to pay the cancellation fee. I have had the unfortunate experience of trying to discuss this with Three to no satisfactory outcome to anyone but Three. The customers must have a voice here and not be forced to create multiple email accounts to fix an issue that clearly came about as a result of their upgrade.