cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying To Register Multiple Phones

Richtrash
Fledgling

I have been trying to register a number of phones but it appears that the only way to do this is by assigning a different email address for each mobile number.  I can register the first number OK but as soon as I try to register the second one it's rejected because the details are already registered, why are Three using the email address to differentiate between accounts, is the mobile number not a good enough differentiator.

I spent over 2 hours with various customer and tech support personnel only to reach the conclusion that it can't be done.

So if I had 20 phone numbers I would need 20 separate email addresses to be able to register them for the My3 App.

I'm told this is for security, my account for the second phone number is very secure because I haven't got an account and I certainly won't be creating an additional email to fulfil Threes stupid requirements.

Am I the only person with more than one Three Mobile numbers, looking at moving to another provider that doesn't need multiple email addresses to register.

28 REPLIES 28
BillyT
Regular

Same here 

broadband account and mobile account both on the same email address for years

platform upgrade and they say it’s not possible to have more than one account on the sane email address

Live chat disconnected on me 7 times in the two weeks

nowhere left to turn other than 40 days notice on both accounts in a years time

Zycon
Regular

Yes, I'm facing the same situation and I don't want to register yet another email address, is this grounds to terminate your contract early? How is this an improvement to help the customer?

Either way as each of my 5 lines finish there contract I will be moving from THREE MOBILE and nothing they can say will change my mind, worst customer service ever and I'm way past having enough of them.

mstv
Regular

I have the same issue - four accounts with three, can only access one of them now. I don't want to create multiple email addresses for this! Same experience - contact us to register - but no, that's not possible - just get told over the phone (eventually, agent didn't understand the problem for ages) that you need multiple accounts. So seriously dissatisfied with this time-wasting and inconvenience.

xdmx
Fledgling

Currently on chat with a shift manager in customer relations. They cannot commit to if and when the system may allow accessing multiple accounts thorough one email address and want to charge me £2 to receive a paper bill which in reality I do not want. I now have to use chat to ask for a PDF bill every month. There is only so long I will continue this charade if a proper fix is not forthcoming.

This is completely ridiculous. This system needed the ability to cope with your multiple customers who have multiple accounts, without the totally unreasonable expectation that those customers would either happen to have, or be willing to set up, several additional email addresses to overcome the shortcomings of your system. I though I has a solution in using gmail alias (where you can add +*** immediately before the @gmail.com where *** is anything you like and it will still get delivered) but Three's system does not like a + in the email address.

This may well be the end of my 18+ year relationship with Three.

xdmx
Fledgling

What a surprise. Three days later and no bill received by email. Three are becoming a total joke 

dartweld
Fledgling

Hi Rich. Did you sort it out already or no, please? I’ve the same problem. I no understand why they changed the app when it worked perfectly. Stupid Three 

Frustrated
Fledgling

Utter insanity. Just had same problem trying to register second account. Luckily contract term is up so shall be finding another provider tomorrow 

Badger
Fledgling

I totally agree , been on chat for over hour trying to get it resolved, no luck whatsoever .

I have one account with multiple numbers. And had no problem for years. Accessing them. I entered the phone number, entered the password. Bang, I was into the account that I needed to be in to check spending caps, etc .

Now they’re trying to tell me that I need to have new e-mail addresses to each number. Which is totally pathetic. Each time you renew your contract, they pushed time and time again to add other extra number. To your account. Which I have previously done.

Surely like a business account that may have hundreds of numbers on one account. They’re only need one administrator to access all the numbers on that one business account.

So why can’t they do it for customer accounts, like what others have said, if this doesn’t get sorted. Well, its bye bye Three. I’ll be going with another provider., There’s be no more loyalty anymore. Even after 20 plus years with Three.
this mess needs pushing up the ladder. Going right to the top. To let them at the top, know that this isn’t working

Brotherkennyh
Regular

Has there been any response from Three on this?

Seems ridiculous and frankly amateur. From a technology company in particular its an embarrassment that they can't even figure out the account login. Not to mention this was part of a system 'upgrade'.

The website suggests is possible to have multiple accounts on one email and you just need to contact support, but all their advisers think it isn't possible.

Sounds like internal teams at Three need to talk to each other.

UnhappyCustomer
Regular

Exactly the same issue. The simple solution I am adopting is to cancel the second number. It is still in contract, not for long but this is a breach of contract by Three.