cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 90 days before end of contract

Vjpab

Hi could anyone please advise on the following:

I have a three business 24 month contract which is due to end on the 31st December 2024. I was told I can upgrade 90 days before this date without an early upgrade fee?. Is this true as I thought I can on upgrade up to 38 days without a fee?. 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
tarantella
Rising star

I can't speak for a Business account, but on a Personal account a customer can upgrade 90 days after their contract begins. My understanding is that if upgrading from a Sim-only to a Handset contract at that stage that the early termination fee is waived, subject to passing a credit check. However, if you try to upgrade online at that stage the automated system will not waive the ETF. Best to either Live Chat or call, and that way you're more likely to have the ETF waived.

All of that said, I think a customer will get a better upgrade deal within the last month of their contract. 

Vjpab

Hi thanks for the advice. I spoke to an advisor online and he said I can upgrade 90 days before the end of contract. I have two lines, one is sim only and the other is phone and plan. I’m wanting to upgrade the phone and plan and was told the above 90 day rule. 

Thanks