Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Hub IP Passthrough

skullyton
Fledgling

For a while now I've had my 5G hub setup with IP pass-through to my in-house router to take care of all my routing needs, however recently (I believe after an OTA firmware update), it's stopped passing through my public IP and now provides a 10.XX.XX.XX IP to my router as the WAN.

After a number of troubleshooting efforts including turning off everything IPv6 I could find, I'm still getting intermittent results with my recursive DNS setup, only really being able to use the internet when opting for a public IP instead (I'm using 1.1.1.1 currently). In the admin dashboard, I can see under status that it's still showing primary and secondary DNS servers active despite all the Home Networking on the Hub being disabled, so my only working theory is that my recursive DNS is bumping heads with this somehow, but can't for the life of me work out why!

Has anyone else faced a similar issue at all? I attempted contact Three technical support who disabled some IPv6 thing on their side, but same issues persist, so will take any and all assistance offered!

1 REPLY 1
andyvee
Active

Try changing the APN to 3internet IPv4 only

Basically, 3 are messing up when they enable IPv6 but don't seem to be doing anything about fixing it even though they have known for 6mths plus this is happening. Its an absolute joke.