cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband speeds plummeted

talktohardwick
Active

For 4 months after getting Three 5G home broadband I was consistently getting 500mb+ download and 50mb+ upload. 

For the last few weeks I have been consistently getting 30-50mb download and 5-6mb upload. Is this going to continue? It's not worth the money if it's going to be so slow in future and I can get a better broadband solution.

14 REPLIES 14
sc1999
Local celebrity

Could be a problem with the tower, too many people registering on the tower, 3 have reduced the bandwidth due to a problem. The list goes on.

Check 3's network status checker here:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support?

Or chat with the social media team

Avondale
Rising star

@talktohardwick 

I wonder if the solution might be here :-

FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection - Three Community - 14851

Please let us know how you get on. 

Dazzar
Established

I have the same issue I get around 400mbps in the morning, and then after 10am it’s less than 80 sometimes lower than 35 , I think more people are using it and the towers cannot cope 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Contention ratio.

talktohardwick
Active

I'd agree with that if it went back up to where it was at random times of the day but I tried it at 5am the other day and it maxed out at 70mb

Avondale
Rising star

There has been talk on the ISP review website about Three apparently going into power-saving mode overnight - turning-off bands or cells. Maybe @JonathanB would like to confirm if this is actually the case ?  

Kasual7
Fledgling

I have the very same issues and I'm at the point I'm considering cancelling my contract. 

Avondale
Rising star

I wonder whether @JonathanB can put you in touch with support staff who are equipped to address your problems ? 

randomuser
Fledgling

I'm in totally the same situation. Was working great for months (Fareham and Gosport location) but a few weeks ago something changed and now every few hours the speed tanks and the network light will go blue. Turning it off and on again fixes the issue, sometimes for a while, sometimes for a day or so, but this shouldn't really be necessary, especially as service was flawless for months. I'm moving house soon so if the service isn't more reliable by then I'll use the move as an excuse to end early and chuck it in.