cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Hub Antenna

henrietta
Fledgling

Hello all,

I started using the three brand 5g hub a few days ago and am getting large spikes in ping, I was wondering if I got an external outdoor antenna and attached it near my roof if it would help stabilise my connection a bit? I live in Brighton city centre & am bang in the middle of the 5g zone. I have the hub on a ledge by a window already, and I have very fast speeds but massive ping spikes, even at 4am.

I don't really know anything about routers or antennas, and am overwhelmed by the shopping options. Could anyone recommend an outdoor antenna that is compatible with the 'Mediatek T750 Three 5g hub'

Thank you 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Scotty
Fledgling

Same problem here. Did you get a solution?

I called the Three Broadband team and the person I spoke to said 'we don't support ping, you need to speak to the manufacturer 😂

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Henrietta, sorry to hear your 5G hub isn't delivering a smooth experience. 

Have a quick look at PeteG's reply on this thread: High ping - any solutions? - Three Community - 5617 and give those steps a go. We don't sell or test any external antennae but a number of customers have reported success in using them.

Let us know how you get on, or if you're still having issues.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

steveb
Fledgling

What antenna can we use to boost the signal that has the 4 pins on the back of the 5g Three hub?

iclminky
Fledgling

Having the same issue, from what I can gather a Directional 5G 4x4 MIMO is what is required, but they are not easy to find with positive reviews/recommendations, they also tend to be expensive. I have been looking at the QuPanel 5G LTE MIMO 4×4, but there are no reviews on it and an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

steveb
Fledgling

Ive found that a 4x4 MIMO omni directional TS9 to SMA connection was the best result. I hope that helps others.

steveb
Fledgling

Ive found that a 4x4 MIMO omni directional antenna with a TS9 to SMA connection was the best result. I hope that helps others.