cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g hub ZTE mc888 won’t allow WiFi calling

Rural
Regular

We have recently switched to Three. We switched from the standard broadband to the 5g hub because we are very rural and our highest speed on the line was 5mb. With the hub we are getting the fastest broadband we’ve ever had. But here’s the problem: it won’t allow us to use WiFi calling. We rely on WiFi calling because signal in the house is awful (old house and very thick walls). WiFi calling worked for us before but won’t with this hub. Can anyone help us with this?

45 REPLIES 45
Hagadol
Regular

I am with O2.

iPhone 12 Pro Max - IOS 17.4.1

I get WiFi calling on other WiFi Networks, just checked this a few moments ago. 

Hagadol
Regular

I tried O2 WiFi Calling successfully on 5 different WiFi networks today. Only on my Three 5G Broadband Hub it is not working. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for this, and the other info. I'll pass feedback to the colleagues investigating. Hopefully that'll help contribute to solving this issue.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Rural
Regular

So we’ve just been back to the shop. One of the guys there tested his phone, which was not an iPhone, and Wi-Fi calling worked. Another of the guys there tried his, which was an iPhone, and Wi-Fi calling didn’t work. 
so it seems to be a compatibility issue with the hubs and iPhones. 

Hagadol
Regular

I really hope Three get on this quickly, there are quite a lot of people with iPhones !

Perhaps there is a change in the settings ?

Rural
Regular

Scrap my last comment. I’ve just tried wifi calling with a Sony Xperia and it didn’t work

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rural,

Thanks for this insight, most of the reports we've had so far relate to iPhones. Which model of Sony Xperia did you test?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Rural
Regular

To be far it was a really old phone. We’ve just tried it with a Samsung Galaxy and it worked fine. Just need to get it working for iPhones please 🙏 

Rural
Regular

My husband just got a Motorola razr 40 from 3 and that won’t connect either. I don’t understand how the Samsung Galaxy works but the iPhone and Motorola won’t?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Are you sure the Galaxy actually made the call over Wi-Fi? Could you put the phone into Airplane mode, then connect to Wi-Fi and try making the call again to see if it works? 

Pete.