cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g internet and wifi calling

Dazzar
Established

Every time my phone connects to three internet through the 5g router my wifi calling stops working and the person the other end cannot hear me , does anyone else have this problem latest iPhones all updated and not them as they work on the bt backup system I have 

Best solution
Best solution
Dazzar
Established

I have given up 

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
crypt0ninja
Established

Hi @Dazzar,

What 5G router model are you running?

Can you confirm which APN your router is connecting to? 3Internet or Three.co.uk?

Cheers

Dazzar
Established

3internet and run through huawei cpe pro 2 

Best solution
Dazzar
Established

I have given up 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there, Dazzar. 

That's an interesting issue to be having. 

I'm not sure what the expected behaviour should be. It seems like the normal benefit of using WiFi calling to work around any network issues or reduce network load would be negated by the fact that the 5G broadband runs over the same network. 

I'll do some digging to see what the expected behaviour should be and get back to you with an update, Dazzar. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Dazzar.

After some checking I can confirm that WiFi calling should work normally when you are connected to 5G Home Broadband. 

Can you confirm if you're seeing the WiFi calling indicator in your status bar when connected to 5G Broadband, or if the call shows as a WiFi calling phone call when you're connected? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dazzar
Established

Yes I am seeing the wifi calling , what happens is the person the other end cannot hear me and a noise appears cannot describe it but you have to cut the call off and call back 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, Dazzar - This issue happens when you are making a normal call then connect to WiFi during the call? If you're already on WiFi and the call comes through, or you make one, it's fine? Also, if that's the case and I've understood correctly, could you test a call while connected to WiFi, and let me know what happens when you disconnect from WiFi? 

Thanks.
Pete.