cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g vanished from my area of Sheffield

Martin
Fledgling

Up to a week ago I had speeds of up to 700 mbps on my Three 5g broadband router. Then suddenly there was no 5g signal at all and the network light on the router was solid blue, indicating 4g availability.Three say coverage is normal in my area (Sheffield S10) but it is as if a mast has been removed! There is no 5g signal being shown on my mobile phone either. Why does no one at Three seem to know what is going on? Surely if a mast is down or relocated, someone must know. Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only one in S10 with 5g broadband?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Martin@DCc,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been facing this reduced coverage and speeds for the last month. I know this must be very disruptive for you both. I'll send you each a private message to put you in contact with an escalated support team.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

@Martin I also noticed on one of your posts you said you weren't getting notifications about replies, if you'd like to receive emails about community threads you're participating in, please check your emails from the date you joined the community. You may need to check spam/junk folders, but you should have an email from us with a verification link. Once your email is verified, you should start getting notifications.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
DCc
Regular

Hi Martin nope your not alone I’m at Fulwood and completely disappeared for a week,numerous calls made and they have no idea so I’m going to have to cancel ..shame as it was great,they did some maintenance last week and totally wiped us out 

Martin
Fledgling

Hi DCc, thanks for the reply. Yes I’m in Fulwood too. I’ve been trying to find out what’s happened and got nowhere with Three! My guess is that the mast has been taken down from Fulwood Area Health building roof top, prior to demolition. I’m not far from there which probably accounted for the amazing download speeds I was getting. I can only hope that Three have plans to erect another mast nearby, but what really gets me is that no one at technical support there has a clue about what is happening! They just insist that there is a good coverage when in actual fact there is nothing. They’ve asked for a week to assess things and then will release me from contract. EE also offer 5g here but I think it will be from the same vanished mast.

DCc
Regular

yes that makes sense as I’m on Clumber road it’s a frustrating scenario but fingers crossed Martin 

DCc
Regular
  • Hi Martin  did you get anywhere? I’m on Clumber Road abs still not existent when I return back from work 3/4 weeks and then back to BT I guess 
Martin
Fledgling

Hello againDCc sorry I didn’t reply to your last comment, but this site doesn’t seem to notify you of messages. However there does seem to be some 5g hope for our area as what looks like a mast has gone up on Fulwood road opposite Slayleigh lane! So, even nearer to both of us than before. I was on the verge of going back to fibre but will wait and see if 5g reappears before cancelling with Three. Hope this helps.

martin

DCc
Regular

Hi Martin are you in clumber too?

Martin
Fledgling

Hi Dave, no I’m at the Fulwood end of Fulwood road. I can actually see the mast from one of my windows, about 200m away. It’s still got no antennae on top!

DCc
Regular

Excellent when I get back 2/3 weeks fingers crossed 

Regards

Dave 

bulldog555
Involved

Three don't care about you lots, if they want to take down mast they will and there is nothing you can do about it.