Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Three Having Broadband issues tonight?

natastrophe
Regular

I've lost signal on my three mobile broadband several times tonight and now its back, certain site wont load, including

fast.com

bbc.co.uk

The sites are back now, but there seems to be network coverage issues and DNS issues intermittently, yet no service update from Three.

Down Detector has a spike in reported outages too.

Anyone else having problems?

6 REPLIES 6
dc52ltr
Regular

Yep, coverage has been terrible from after 6pm this evening. Settled a bit now. 

ZeBranster
Fledgling

Yeah having intermittent issues loading most websites on phone/laptop. PS5 hasn't been able to connect to internet properly since 8 pm.

natastrophe
Regular

Thanks folks, my connection is back today, but issues (on the 3internet apn) remain, apps like Discord, google authenticator and My Cupra wont work correctly, for instance discord wont load images. Switch apn to three.co.uk and all is good except google stuff. My nest mini too has connectivity issues. I know this as when switch back to my BT internet, they all work!

The problem with the three.co.uk apn is that it does not support port forwarding and ddns.

Glad to hear playstation stuff works though!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear you've been having these intermittent connection issues yesterday. If these are persisting, try powering the router off for a couple of minutes and then switching it back on.

You can also check for any local issues on our Network Status Checker.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Three really need to address the issues with the different APNs and the the issues accessing Google services, and the apps I mention. Rebooting a router will not fix this. Three have a problem with their internet provision.

For instance, why on 3internet APN does Discord not work, it wont load images or update feeds? Why does my Barclays Bank app run painfully slow on 3internet? When I switch to three.co.uk APN, these apps are fine, but then I cannot use DDNS or port forwarding.

There is clearly an issue that needs looking at.

johnson70
Fledgling

Ive been with three four three years and they have never even attempted to resolve the issues related to the different APNs and secure banking.Due to my location Im stuck with three, the only thing that works reliably is 3g on 3internet APN,  dont get me wrong I can get 4g, the mast is 200m away in direct line of sight, but at  any time between 5 and 9pm the teenagers are rinsing it and downloads drop to less than .9m, even streaming low quality is impossible.Three will do nothing about except advise me that unlucky for me 3g is stopping and my  poor but reliable 1to 2m download speed is soon to be no more.Contract up soon ,so time to look for an alternative.Customer service can be helpful and friendly but honestly they seemingly have no power to do anything at all .