cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router diagnosed - but no fix

The_Kink
Fledgling

After speaking to yet another tech agent, I’ve finally been told that my router appears to be the cause of my poor/lack of connectivity (as my broadband needs resetting multiple times a day, and still drops all connectivity later..).

On asking what the next step was, I was told that it was up to me to fix the router. But I’m pretty sure that, as my contract is with three, that that shouldn’t be the case - and even if it was, it’s not very helpful just saying that and then trying to escape the chat as quickly as possible!

I may be wrong, but I always thought that goods and services must be fit for purpose, of satisfactory quality and as described, according to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 anyway. And a faulty router is the goods, and causes the services to not be fit for purpose.. 2 issues combined!

More info, even if it’s where I’m meant to go with my useless/annoying router, would be a good start.. though an easier fix would be much more appreciated!

*EDIT: I have been on ZTE (the brand of router) to see how the warranty would work, and I’m told: The Warranty Policy is only applicable to products purchased by you directly from the following address: ztedevices.com(“ZTE”). If you purchase products through offline channels or other channels, please contact the final vendor who sells the products to you. 

As the router was supplied to me by three, I am seemingly unable to chase a warranty claim with the manufacturer.*

2 REPLIES 2
Limera
Active

So you have been informed by 3 that the 3 router which you lease from 3 as part of your monthly paid 3 contract and which 3 will insist you return to them if you were to ever cancel because it is owned by 3, is faulty and you have to fix it?

That very much sounds like a 3 problem.

I would imagine that you hacking around inside what is their property would be frowned on!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @The_Kink,

If we're confident that the issue is a faulty router, then the process should be an exchange fulfilled by Three. I'm really sorry if you've been advised incorrectly on this.

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some escalated help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here