cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds low on 5g Router

ryancook
Fledgling

Hi Guys after a bit of help,

Had my 5g router for around 5 months now and at first i was getting speeds of 250mb download.

But recently for the past 2 weeks it has been dropping out all the time and also terribly slow (5-10MB)

Rang Three customer support for the last 4 days in a row and have got it "escalated" which takes 7 days they say. i have no confidence that this will result in anything other than fobbing me off for a week.

My phone is on Three and putting it in the same spot as the router gives me downloads of 350mb.

The router seems to be getting 5g signal as it has between 4 bars on the system info.

Anybody got any ideas as its driving me crazy.

3 REPLIES 3
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

The phone probably has the cellular APN set to three.co.uk so maybe worth trying this on the router.

The router APN is normally set to 3internet

Which router do you have?

ryancook
Fledgling

So iv already changed the APN on the router when i started hunting for a solution so its not this.

i have the NR5103E

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @ryancook 

It may be worth swapping either or both the router/phone SIM cards between the 2 devices. This should help determine if it's the router or SIM/Account that the issue is following. That may help the tech teams determine narrow down how to best escalate this, or help establish if the router is faulty and needs exchanged.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here