cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband (4G) - when zscaler is enabled the whole internet is inaccessible

howdena
Fledgling

Hello,

I am having a problem connecting my work laptop to the internet using my home broadband to work from home.

It uses Ivanti Secure Access Client to create a VPN connection and then recently my company rolled out zscaler as well. I have seen a thread about the problems with Ivanti but that is not the issue I have - if I disable zscaler my laptop connects OK and works fine. Also, if I connect my laptop to my phone's WiFi hotspot I can connect OK with both Ivanti and zscaler operational. So it definitely seems to be something with zscaler rather than anything else.

I have the ZTE MF286D router using 4G. This router is in Bridge (modem only) mode as I have a TP-Link infrastructure at home starting with a TP-Link router that the broadband connection feeds into.

Does anybody have any idea why zscaler doesn't seem to work over the Three home broadband network? At the moment my company allows me to disable it but before long it will be mandatory and that will be a real problem for me.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

1 REPLY 1
MZone
Superstar

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.