cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband Query

Just a bit of a query with regarding threes Home Broadband.

1)  If someone takes out a 5G contract (say 24 month) and the service under performs after three stated it should work in your property, can you cancel the service, if so how long do we have?

2) If you do indeed remain in contract does the router become your customers property, or does it need to be returned to three if you completed the full term of your contract and decided not to renew 24 months later?

3) Is the current modem / router that is supplied with the 24 month contract a ZTE MC888 or a ZTE MC888 Pro?

4) Does anyone know the difference between the ZTE MC888 or a ZTE MC888 Pro?

5) Does the supplied router support modem only mode?

6) Would their be any issues self hosting your own homelab services of any kind over Threes 5G service or does the 5G service operate pretty much the same way any conventional broadband service which all currently allow you to self host stuff at home, like your own cloud server, ftp, home security CCTV etc?

7) What sort of upload speed can you expect to get in an area with a good 5g signal, is it the same up as it is down?

😎 Does three put any bandwidth limitations on the home broadband service?

9) Do you receive a static or dynamic IP?

10) Is the home broadband service (package) SIM restricted to use in the supplied router or are you allowed to remove the sim from your router and insert it in a Tablet for example?

11) Is the Home Broadband service usable outside of your homes area.  Can you put it in your tablet and still use your package anywhere you can get Threes 5G service in the UK?

12) What is currently the best known 5G router that everyone is having the best experience with performance wise on Threes 5G Home Broadband service.

13) Has anyone got any troubling issues they'd like to report regarding Threes Home Broadband service that they want to let me know before I turn off my StarLink and commit to using Three?

14) If i took out the 24 month contract now for £24 a month Unlimited Service with 6 months half price am I right in thinking the following with regards to what i would actually pay?  See Below:

Months 1 - 6 = £72

1)September =£12
2)October      =£12
3)November  =£12
4)December  =£12

5)January      =£12
6)February    =£12

MONTH 7-12 = £154

7)March          =£24
8)April             =£26 (£2 Price increase a month)
9)May             =£26
10)June          =£26
11)July            =£26
12)August       =£26

• ABOVE IS 1st YEAR

MONTH 13-24 = £322

13)September  =£26
    14)October       =£26
    15)November   =£26
    16)December   =£26

17)January       =£26
    18)February      =£26
    19)March          =£26 

20)April             =£28 (Another £2 price increase again?)
    21)May              =£28
    22)June             =£28
    23)July               =£28
    24)August          =£28

Grand Total £548 for 24 Months Three Home Broadband / £274 per year.

Or am I misunderstanding that whole £2 price increase each April?

Regard

Elon 😉

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

Welcome to the Three Community. I'll do my best to clarify everything I can in the order asked.

1. We offer a 30 day return period, which includes any reason including simply changing your mind about the agreement. If there's a service issue outside the first 30 days we'll handle this on a case by case basis.
  2. Our 5G devices are not purchased as part of the agreement, we consider this equipment on loan from Three, and if the agreement is ended we'd expect a return of the hardware unless otherwise specified.
  3. The agreement isn't for a specific 5G router, we send these based on our stock availability but we're currently supplying ZTE MC888 and Zyxel NR50103e V2 devices. If we estimate you only have outdoor coverage, you may also be offered an Outdoor router instead.
  4. You may find helpful info on ZTE's site, or there's options to get in touch with them there too.
  5. The 5G routers we supply should work in Bridge or IP passthrough mode as a modem only.
  6. We can't guarantee an absolutely fault free service, or that every product or service will be compatible. If you do encounter any issues please let us know and we'll do our best to help.
  7. Connections are not parallel Up/Down, we don't have a guaranteed minimum upload speed. 
  8. Typical limitations are simply in terms of signal availability and contention with other users. We don't apply speed limits.
  9. All IPs are dynamic, we don't offer static IPs
  10. The SIM is fine to use in any compatible device. If you pop this in a phone please bear in mind that the plan doesn't include Voice minutes, or Texts.
  11. Likewise, other than coverage availability there's no restrictions to where you access services.
  12. I think that's more a question for the Community rather than Three. Hopefully others will add their thoughts.
  13. As above, but you may consider keeping both connections in parallel to give ours a try.
  14. Yeah that looks almost spot on. There's only one thing I need to add which is that the very first bill is usually pro-rata as it can take a few days for billing profiles to establish on our systems. So the initial bill is typically covering 35 days at around £14 for a £12 plan. In terms of the price rise what you've described looks correct.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.