cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband - no network

MikeyWikey
Fledgling

I currently rely on Three for both my 4G broadband at home (I'm advised 5G broadband isn't available) and my SMARTY mobile account (oddly I do get 5G on my mobile internet in my area).

I work from home and this week there has been dropout of connection or extremely slow connection, usually in the afternoon. When I checked the network checker, it states that there are work going on in my area however, it does not tell me when it expects that these will end. When I called up, I was simply told it should end by the end of the day and if I feel I need to leave, I should do so within the cooling off period - not very reassuring. I am still within my cooling off period and I am concerned that there are customers saying that Three also throttles the download speed in their areas, or that it cannot handle peak times. It was worst Wednesday night during a home football match which was suspicious.

Can I get an answer about the supposed works in my area (L4)? Do other customers recommend I flee while I can?

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

That doesn't sound like you're off to the best start. Sorry to hear that. The team would have been best equipped to advise you on the estimated time for a fix, however if they didn't have one, it's likely due to the issue being complex and there not being an estimate available yet. 

In relation to the return period, I don't think it would have been the advisers intention to push you into leaving, but simply to remind you that the benefit of the return window allows you to try things out and make sure it's for you before you do end up cancelling it. 

I'd recommend contacting the team a few days before the return window closes if you're still having issues, that way you've given it as much time as you could. It's possible it'll be fixed in that time though, which means you'll be able to benefit from the proper connection and see if that fits in line with your needs before the return window closes.

Peter.                                                                                                                                                                          

Ntg
Fledgling

Yes, I would say, flee while you can!! I am having ongoing issues with getting mostly no signal or very poor. Can’t use iPad online at all now and only phone but mostly poor connection too. Would definitely cancel if I was still able to. Tech team have not been able to help.