cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband not available, Slow speed due to congestion, empty promises

ffxmadman
Fledgling

Upon checking again different areas for 5G home broadbands on the coverage checker, it states that Home Broadband is not available. Not even 4G. This is odd as these address are under 5G coverage. It seems that areas that has 5G home broadband availability before is no longer offered any home broadband. While areas whom only has 4G home broadband is still being offered. 

Is this a bug to Three's website? I've contacted Three support and was told that my area congestion will be fixed by today. I am not believing it one bit. I have been using Three 4G broadband for 2 months and each time I was told to wait 3 days, 4 days, 1 week and now again was told to wait. I was also told the drastic slow speed is due to the network being upgraded for 5G but there is not specific date given by Three with regards to my area for 5G home broadband availability. 

I do not know if customer service is aware of what is happening on the ground but the message from the website is always the standard:

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual.

Updates on our work will be posted here. We’re working as fast as we can to build a better, stronger network in your area.

You can find more help and advice below. And you can read more about our Big Network Build here.

It is annoying and no other explanation given. It has been the same for months and it is frustrating to be given this service by Three. 

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

If you read some of the other posts you will find some answers. Just because 5g is available for phones it is not a given that 5g broadband will be available. Availability of broadband is limited by capacity so if the tower is heavily used by phones then there is no point in offering broadband as the speeds will be low to non-existent. 

Our dear friend the network status checker never gives any details as to what is wrong, what is being done or when it will be completed. You can try contacting the social media team on their chat and you may get some more info a discount or ongoing reduction in your monthly charge.

Finally, you can register for notification when 5g is available in your area. 

I do not know how frequently 3, or other networks, update their coverage checkers. I use OFCOM's as it goes to individual addresses rather than a whole postcode area.