cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home broadband return after the contract

Bedri
Fledgling

Hello there,
I am cancelling my 5g Broadband just after my 24 months contract finishes. I gave them 1 month notice.

But it was a really challenging conversation with different operators and took more then 1 hour. Anyway…

They send me a return bag. But my question is: There is a information page on the bag and it says send device back “as new” which is imposible after two years I don’t have packaging or manual?!?!

also says “send back any free gifts” with this bag 32 inch tv back?!? 🫤 and after I finished my contract I think that tv is already mine.

so this information page looks like for a mobile device. How can I be sure with this?

any idea?

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

They would have sent you their terms and conditions when you signed up and you, like most of us, don't have them anymore. This sounds as though the agent may have thought you were cancelling within the first 30 days and not after 2 years. It is very common these days for companies to ask for the return of their equipment as it helps their environmental profile.

try another call and get them to confirm that this is end of contract and not 30 day return. The freebies have to be yours after the end of the contract. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bedri,

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. It sounds like you've received the info page for a return within 30 days of entering the Broadband contract.

As long as the router is still in working condition then that's fine for a return at end of contract. Any gift bundles like the TV are yours to keep if the contract term is now fulfilled.

If you had a TV and had changed your mind in the 30 days, we would have sent a courier for that pick up of course as it's a large item, but sometimes gift bundles involve smaller items like air pods or wireless chargers that would fit in the bag.

You should be good to return with that package anyway, and I'd recommend to keep the receipt until we've confirmed the return is processed.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.