cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home wifi , Netflix problem

Andythewelder
Fledgling

I have recently started using 3 home broadband and tried connecting to Netflix and YouTube unsuccessfully through my fire stick to my Samsung tv . The fire stick is connected to the router and will play other channels , bbc I player etc . Have tried the shut down restart , unplug etc but nothing seems to work . 
is there anything else I can try .

many thanks 

Andy W

17 REPLIES 17
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

What happens when you try to open Netflix or YouTube? Are there any error messages displayed?

Andythewelder
Fledgling

I get an error code 

nw-2-5 

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Have you tried a Netflix app on other devices connected via Wi-Fi... laptop/tablet/phone?

I found this article which may help you to solve this connection issue, How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Any Device (lifewire.com)

Andythewelder
Fledgling

Thanks for your reply . I’ll try this this evening . Will let you know how it goes 👍

Andythewelder
Fledgling

This didn’t work . I have found that if I use my phone as a hotspot it connects Netflix and YouTube no problem 🤷‍♂️

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Andythewelder,

Is the hotspot from your phone using a Three SIM too? Are you able to stream Netflix and YouTube when your phone is connected to the Three router?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Pedro68
Fledgling

Andy I'm having the same issue. When I connect my phone or PC to the same router there is no problem but my Panasonic smart TV and various Firesticks will not play either Netflix or YouTube at all. Have you had any luck? 

Peter

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues, Pedro. Could you try changing the DNS settings on your affected devices to see if that helps? For Firestick, the directions should look something like this; 

1. On your Firestick, go to Settings.
  2. Select Network.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. Select DNS.
  5. Select Manual.
  6. Enter the IP addresses of the DNS servers you want to use.
  7. Select Save.

You can try the following DNS options;

• Google DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Cloudflare DNS: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

Let us know if you have success, it'll help the community out. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ewolie49
Fledgling

Did you resoleve this?

I had the same issue with my chromecast and when I was about to give up I remembered to reset the router (by this I dont mean unplug it from the wall but using a pin to press the reset buttom)