cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I attach a dect phone to my 4g router?

ACCB
Fledgling

I got my new ZTE router on Saturday.

Still trying to find the best place for it to allow streaming with no pauses...

I also want to attach our (currently landline) phone base station, so we can continue to use the same phones. I have attached the base station with an adapter, but the 'phone' indicator on the front does not light. When I try caalling the number (of the sim in the router) there is no reply and no apparent activity on the router + attached phone.

Help welcome!

Thx,

ACCB

10 REPLIES 10
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ACCB,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to confirm that our Home Broadband doesn't include support for phone services. Although some of the routers we've ranged have ports for phones, these aren't enabled, and the SIMs are provisioned for data, but not voice calls.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

sc1999
Local celebrity

Ouch! My village is exclusively fttp. All copper cables are no defunct so I would have no landline phone if I switched to 3 broadband. Time for 3 to have a rethink. There would be no point in switching if I also needed to pay BT for a landline. 3 needs to find a way for people to maintain their BT number, or am I missing something. 

PS: does this apply to other networks.

ACCB
Fledgling

Oh.

That seems... blinkered, I think is the best word.

I was already uneasy because I had been unable to get a consistent up/down performance in any location, but this seals the deal. (I had actually been able to make a call to it, although the phone I have does call screening and it rejected the number I was calling from, presumably because there is no caller ID.)

How do I return the kit to you?

Thanks,

ACCB

sc1999
Local celebrity

Call customer services. You may need to Google three broadband customer services to find the number to call.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ACCB,

Sorry to hear this is a deal breaker for you. The subject has only been raised a couple of times on the community, and never gained a lot of traction. We're of the impression that having a phone service through the router isn't important for most users. I have raised feedback, and we'd certainly be interested to see if a lot of other customers do see this as an essential service.

All our Home Broadband deals come with a 30 day money back guarantee. If bought in store, please arrange this through the Three store, or if it was a distance sale online or over the phone, give our Broadband team a call on 0333 338 1003 or 500 from a Three line.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Toby
Fledgling

Have you though of Voice over IP - Have a look at this site https://www.virtuallandline.co.uk I’ve been using them since February with no problems. They ported my landline number from Plusnet (part of BT ) free of charge and the cost is only £3.95 per month for the basic service (compared to a BT landline of £25+. They have been extremely helpful with the set up and I can highly recommend them. You can use the with FTTP providers but I am using them with a 3 5G router.

It will also work with your mobile provided you have a 4G or 5G signal.

AUA
Regular

What is connected to the router to receive the calls?

EDIflyer
Involved

Also if you still want to use your existing DECT phones then you can buy an 'ATA' (about £20-30) and put in the details from whichever VOIP service you sign up to and then use your existing phone as usual. 

AUA
Regular

Is there any evidence that an ATA will work with the Zyxel?