cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E - 5g Dropout

NickBeswick
Fledgling

Hi

I've had Three's 5g broadband for a while now and everything was rock solid up to a couple of weeks ago and now I keep getting the 5g connections dropping out.  When connected I have full bars for both LTE and 5g but I can wake up in the morning with no internet connection.  When I login to the router and check, the 5G connection shows no bars.  I reboot the router and everything is back.  Can any suggestion a fix for this as its very frustrating and not sustainable. Thanks Nick

2 REPLIES 2
ns1
Fledgling

I have the same issue and it's been going on for months. It's totally unsustainable as you say. I've submitted a complaint yesterday. Let's see if they choose to fob me off or resolve it. I've seen many comments online about the same with no sign of resolution so Three are obviously aware but letting it continue.

RogerD
Fledgling

Try a plug in timer that turns your router off for 1 minute at , say, 7am. To reboot. it. My research so far has suggested the issue is a lot of cell masts put the 5G part into sleep mode overnight (to save power (money)) and the 5G routers don't seem very good at auto renegotiating their link.