cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E won't connect to 5G

EddersD
Fledgling

I just set up my new router and I can't connect to 5G, I seem to be limited to LTE only. My phone connects without issue.
Firmware is V1.00(ACBJ.0)b9 and I've been reading about b10 solving some issues (although those people were coming from b8). Any way I can force this update? I've tried looking for the firmware download in Zyxel's website with no luck

40 REPLIES 40
cmcquillan
Regular

So, I found a fix for this.

If you log into the router settings, menu bar on the right -> Network Setting -> Broadband -> Cellular Band.

If you change Band Management to manual from "Auto Selection" and select B1, B3 and N78, this seems to force 5G to kick in.

stephen
Regular

TOP TIP ABOVE!! replacement arrived 4g only, followed your how to and viola 5g full bars, fingers crossed this box lasts more than 2 days.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Excellent, thanks @cmcquillan@stephen, let us know how this goes over the next few days. 🙂

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

stephen
Regular

just noticed router has upgraded to b12 so i turned auto on in band management as described above and 5G 100% in auto setting. peace.

Jackthelad89
Regular

I'm having the same issue. Received the router yesterday and no 5G. It was on the old firmware, it has updated it over night but no change to connectivity.

Spoke to Three technical support who confirmed no issues with the network in the area but couldn't get through to the higher technical team so said they would contact me back within 72 hours.

Was previously on their 4G broadband which I never had a problem with hence me upgrading to 5G for the better speeds but seems like technical support have no idea what the problem is.

Pretty poor that something sold as a 5G router has problems connecting to 5G.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for flagging up these issues with connecting to 5G. I'm happy to confirm that we've got a firmware update in the testing phases for the Zyxel NR5103E router. We're spending some time making sure it fully addresses these issues, and then we'll be rolling it out to everyone soon.

JonathanB

IJAY_three
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, can you please pm me the instructions to update the firmware. My 5g hub seems to be stuck with the b9 firmware.

Thank you. 

meerkatt
Fledgling

Three told me on the phone it's coming out on 6th of December.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I've sent everyone on this thread a private message to gather info that will help with the updated firmware roll out.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Digilinks
Fledgling

Hi JonathanB,

I have the same issue where my router will only connect LTE and not 5G yet my mobile shows full signal and 5G. Could you add me to your list for any rollout information.

Thanks,

Digilinks