cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G broadband - Three in breach of contract

Sean2
Regular

We have only intermittent 5G broadband from Three in London N8 Numerous complaints to the “technical team” and to the unhelpful sales staff in Three shops yield nothing and take up valuable working hours. This piss poor service is seriously impacting on my work in many ways. Under UK law this is a clear breach of contract, where do I stand legally here?

10 REPLIES 10
Paddiewack
Superstar

Two things;you don’t mention how Long you’ve had the product and whether you’re in your 14 day returns period,secondly,have you checked the Three status page for issues in your home postcode?  I say these things because I’m assuming you researched 5g coverage in your area before you bought the router (it’s your responsibility to ensure coverage is adequate) so if that’s the case again I say it may be an issue with your local mast. My advice for what it’s worth is if having checked for issues there are none,if you’re within your returns period call customer service and ask for a returns bag. That would be more productive than venting your spleen with bad language on a public forum. 
I wish you luck.

Sean2
Regular

Venting my spleen? Are you on a retainer from Three corporate PR? I am highlighting an ongoing deficiency in Three’s 5G broadband coverage in north London, not the Outer Hebrides.  A multitude of other users have reported similar issues. I purchased the box close to where I live and assured that coverage was very good and reliable. They would say that wouldn’t they? Just a reminder, I am paying for a 5G service that is regularly below par and requests for technical support lead absolutely nowhere. Any colourful language I may choose to use is indicative of my anger, frustration and exasperation with this company’s legal of service and customer support.

Paddiewack
Superstar

No I’m not on a retainer from Three and your language is rude rather than colourful. Most of us on here manage to express ourselves without resorting to the language you use even if we’re frustrated and angry. My reply to you was courteous and written in good faith and you’d do well to adopt the same tact. As I said before I wish you well.

sc1999
Local celebrity

No, we do not work for 3 or get a retainer or any kind of thank you for our efforts. There are 12518 members of the community and, only, about half-a-dozen of us who regularly try to help. There will be one less when I depart next month.

According to 3 they have 10.3 million subscribers, so 12518 is not a huge percentage who have come here to ask for help or vent their spleen. This is why, I think, that 3 put next to no effort into the community. The percentage is even smaller when you remove the couple of thousand who joined just to enter the free competition. 

When it comes to mobile broadband 3, like the other networks, have been so successful in selling that they cannot install equipment fast enough to keep up with demand. EE now sell mobile contracts with speed caps and I think that this is their attempt to free up bandwidth.

Just because you live in London does not mean that you should get better service than those in the Outer Hebrides or anywhere else in the UK. Or does 3 charge a London premium?

Paddiewack
Superstar

Couldn’t have put it better myself! I’ll be sorry to see you go. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Have you read 3's terms and conditions? They are pretty vague about performance guarantees.

AUA
Regular

Something is certainly going on. My service (London N12) has been out almost all day (this has been going on intermittently for the last 3 days) and I've had to use an EE SIM from my mobile to keep working. I just tested my Three SIM on my mobile and about half an hour ago the signal returned and is now running at speeds of around 600Mbps, which is almost double my previous experience. My chief gripe is that Three offers no real guidance as to what is going on.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Lack of info from Three is something that irritates me as well. Sounds as though there was a network issue in your area which has now been sorted. I’d suggest monitoring it and calling customer service if it happens again but that’s something you’ve probably planned to do anyway. 

drafter88
Regular

shall we start a petition or something? or whom we can write to  in the UK https://www.ofcom.org.uk/? 

seeing the number of posts regarding three's poor support and false promises, I think it's high time customers get together and do something about it.