cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G with NR5103E

boogaloo
Active

From reading around I am clearly not the only one who has suffered from not having 5G on this router. Gutted because I really want this to work!

Firmware is the b12 version and I've tried selecting bands B1/3/20 along with N78, to no avail - the admin portal still shows no signal for 5G cellular WAN. Occasionally, but not always, the hardware LED will light up blue for the internet connection (which supposedly means 5G).

I popped the SIM into my new mobile phone (5G, no wifi) and I get 789Mbps download and 86.8Mbps upload. I do the same speed test (Ookla) with the same device but with just wifi this time and with the SIM in the router... Weirdly, I get 360Mbps down and 71Mbps up. Tried another device and it gets 205Mbps down and 70Mbps up. Maybe I am getting 5G, but it's just not showing in the admin portal?!

Either way, something's awry. Definitely get 5G signal in my home as puting the SIM in my mobile demonstrated. Not sure I'm happy with the faulty router/firmware, though. If I'm getting 5G I definitely want it to say that it is 😂 and if I'm not, well, I want 5G...

Best solution
Best solution
boogaloo
Active

Good news - I got a replacement router today and 5G is pretty solid. I get up to 850Mbps download!! AMAZING.

Thank you to all who recommended getting a replacement router. It was worth the hassle.

View solution in conversation

20 REPLIES 20
Dazzar
Established

Got mine two days ago and it will not connect to 5g N78 is Available as my old one used to connect to it with downloads of almost 400 upload a bit poor, I have set to manual and changed the settings to include N78 etc and still would not work, is a cpe pro 2 better than this soon to be door stop ?