cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN and poor performance in general

code9063
Fledgling

Hi,

I’m using Zyxel router. The speed has been quite poor generally and I can barely get 5G signal despite moving it around the house since I joined. I talked to customer service several times and tried the usual  diagnostics and resets but no luck. I work from home alot and since yesterday my work VPN is so slow that I can’t work and it seems to be due to my internet as my colleagues aren’t experiencing the same issue. Can you advise @JonathanB 

2 REPLIES 2
Avondale
Rising star

If you search this form and others such as ISP Review, you will find that there seem to be a batch of faulty Zyxel NR5103E hubs doing the rounds. 

Have you asked CS to send you a replacement hub ? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @code9063,

Sorry for the delay in picking up on your post here. Are you still experiencing these issues?

Specifically with the VPN issues the solution on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection may help here. However, as the speeds in general aren't great this could be more of a network/signal issue.

Are you able to check if you're receiving a weak 5G signal, or is the router only connecting to 4G?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.