cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old router given

Ricbro86
Regular

Hello,

I've just signed up to a 24 month contract 5g home broadband which so far seems to be working well, I've been given the ZTE MC801A which only supports 32 connected devices, In the short future I think I'll surpass this number.

Would it be possible to change my router for the newer Zyxel NR5103E while I'm still in my first 14 days?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, try calling customer services, it does not hurt to ask.

Peter_L
Active

They are useless 

crypt0ninja
Established

Hi @Ricbro86 

There was a short period of time where Three stopped giving out the NR5103E and went back to the MC801A as there were some issues with the NR5103E firmware that needed to be resolved.

The issues were resolved and they went back to giving out the NR5103E as far as I was aware so not sure why they have sent you the MC801A if you have just taken it out.

If you wish to swap it out I would advise to call up and just tell them that you did not receive the advertised router model and instead received the older/previous model and want the model that was advertised.

Can't see any reason why they would object 🙂

Peter_L
Active

Hello. The same thing happened to me. I am still within 30 day trying period and received the old model of router - ZTE. I’ve spoken to Three customer service 3 times asking to give me a newer advertised model however they said if there is nothing wrong with the current hub they wouldn’t swap it for the newer version. I argued that they advertise a different model on their website so why I’ve received the older model and they said that if I want to swap it for the newer one I would have to pay a fee £12.99! That’s an absolute joke!