cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router return nightmare

Mzb7869211
Fledgling

Hello

In the beginning of August, I was having very slow Internet and was unable to do anything. I contacted Three to resolve the matter. Unable to be resolved, they offered me free cancellation. Ever since it has been a nightmare to deal with the operators.

There was a significant delay in receiving the returns bag. Even before the bag was received, I received an email that my return request was cancelled because it's more than 30 days while it was never more than 30 days and I didn't even receive the returns bag.

I also was receiving calls from the debt recovery team asking me to pay bills for which I am not entitled due to the free cancellation offered.

Finally the returns bag was received and I posted the router to Three within the 5 working days.

My tracking says the router has been delivered. However, Three couldn't locate my router and now is charging me £216 for the cancellation fee.

I sent the proof of successful delivery to proofs@3mail.com but haven't received any response.

Since a couple of weeks now, I have been on call every week Three, being changed from one department to another for at least an hour.

One shouldn't go through all the nightmare to cancel a contract in such a modern and highly advanced technological world. Now I am having the stress of my credit score being affected due to the £216 bill on my account

Can someone please help? @JonathanB 

7 REPLIES 7
Officina-red
Involved

Doesn’t look like you have received any help, you could register a complaint by using one of these methods https://selectra.co.uk/tv-broadband/providers/three/complaints good luck. 

Avondale
Rising star

Not seen @JonathanB on here for a while. 

I wonder whether @JohnD might be able to help you ? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mzb7869211,

Sorry for the delay in getting in touch. I was away for a while at the time of your post. In case this is still ongoing, I'll be happy to link you in with a team that can help with return disputes and make sure that your billing and credit records are corrected.

I'll PM a link to get you in touch.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

charlo
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB , I am also having the same problem as above. I have called three over 6 times now to try to return my router/understand what is happening. 2x failed DPD email deliveries, and 2x failed jiffy bag deliveries. In the meantime, Three have contacted me saying that they will continue to charge me as I have not returned the router in the specified time. I don't know what to do, It shouldn't be this hard to return an item. Can you help me sort this out?

Lmllow
Fledgling

Sounds familiar.  Never purchase/renew a device contract remotely or online as you can never return it via a 3 Shop.  The Jiffy bag never arrived on time and they blame you for the delay.  I got an email saying they received my device and then the following day I got an email saying they haven’t and was going to charge me £100’s.  Then I phone up and they say they have received it.   I just get the feeling the issues are generated just to keep the remote Call Centers busy.  I still get emails saying I owe them money.  Difficult to know if their emails are real or not as they never reference your name;  it’s always “Hello There” and no indication which contract they are talking about. Best to go to a physical shop and get them to do all the calls to Customer Service for you and sort out your accounts issues.  That way they can see you are not making it up.  Good Luck with getting your issue resolved.

hangry3
Fledgling

Does anyone know what the return address postcode???

I have the same issue but got a jiffy after six months. Does anyone know what the return address postcode is as I have a few reciepts and I sent back 3three their equipment and they are continuing to charge me and have reported the missed payments to credit agency. I cancelled within the cooling off period.

Avondale
Rising star

@JonathanB 

Is there anything that you can do to sort out this returns' fiasco please ? There are about three threads on it, numerous customers involved and it is certainly costing Three further customers. 

I am keen to try Three 5G Broadband but I am certainly not going to do so until all of the issues around VPNs, returns if there are problems and the like are sorted !