cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not ready

Dyllana
Fledgling

I have just bought a new plan for a new house with the 5g hub and am having a multiple different problems.

The first problem being the hub keeps swapping between very poor signal and straight up SIM card not ready. I have tried taking the SIM card out and reinserting it. The employee at the shop even inserted it initially for me so it was in the right way.

When I do get signal it’s extremely bad and patchy, I only live in a 1 bedroom unit on the bottom floor but no matter where I move the hub it does not improve. When it kicks over to 5g I completely lose service and the whole thing has a meltdown which basically forces me to restart it. Now I have check some other posts and I am up to date on firmware (currently b12), I would check the bands but I can’t even log into advanced setting as it keeps saying the password is incorrect.

I am at a total lose of what to do, for something meant to be so simple as plug in and go I have had nothing but trouble.

1 REPLY 1
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Do you live in a house or a ground floor flat? If you live in a house then try placing the router upstairs. If you live in a ground flat then the signal is more likely to be obstructed by buildings, trees etc.

Which 5G router do you have?

It sounds like you bought it from a Three shop. Did they do a 5G network coverage check for your property before you signed up for the plan? Have you checked the broadband network coverage on the Three website?