cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing mast maintenance

Cherenjeet
Regular

There are mast maintenance in the KT2 area as stated by the network status checker.  This has been going on for 2 days now.

I went from speeds of 250-700MB down and 30-70MB up to  >1MB down and >0.2MB up as seen below. There is literally no signal. 1 bar at the very most.

I really need the wifi as I have children coming to the end of their courses and are at a significant disadvantage as they can't study for exams. I can't even browse at all.

I am wondering when the repairs will be done and if I will get compensation.

I have tried other sims (ID and Three) from other sim contracts but the speeds are all terrible as they are both using the Three network. There is nothing I can do.

Screenshot_20230416_123027_Speedtest.jpg

Best solution
Best solution
Cherenjeet
Regular

Update:

On the 16th (3 days ago) the network status checker displayed  "upgrades were being done in this area". That afternoon I started recieving normal speeds. Now the network status checker displays "Were fixing issues with our network in this area" but I am still receiving normal speeds.

After reading some of the replies I am fortunate to say that my speeds came back fairly quickly. However, I still think this is a joke as it caused me a lot of inconvenience. Three has awful customer service and at the very least could have alerted me to the maintenance if it was planned.

If you are experiencing the same issue I encountered, I hope it resolves soon.

From my experience there was nothing that i could do. It's just a waiting game.

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
sc1999
Local celebrity

Mine has been going on for 2 months. I got 7 days credit last year after work took 2-3 months. I am hoping that they may complete the work before my contract ends.

condyk
Regular

Same problem here for over two months now. Is during the working week day and evening mainoy. Early mornings are OK, like 6am. Three support is hopeless. No clues left after they told me to turn the router off and on and try repositioning it, both of which I tried numerous times. I have cancelled my DD so we'll see what happens.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Cancelling your DD can cause you problems. Missed payments will show on you credit rating and don't be surprised if you service is restricted. 3 wil consider this as non payment.

Gagandeep
Active

Think I am having the same problem too, but nowhere near as severe. Following this to see how Three handle your complaint. Will let you know what happens with mine too.

crambie
Regular

When it turns in to months like it has for me and others then it starts to become a bit of a joke and you do wonder why you're paying full price. I'm tempted to move to someone else however that's not a guarantee I'll be any better off, could even be worse off although that's unlikely.

If it's only been down a couple of days then I don't think it makes sense to consider cancelling your DD or contract. If it turns in to a long term problem then talk to them and try and get them to agree on cancelling the contract without penalties. No idea if they would ever do that though as I haven't tried (yet).

sc1999
Local celebrity

I received a text in February warning me of local work and should check the network status checker.  I have been getting the message every day since. This morning I got a text warning me that 3 will be working locally and service may be affected.  If this is the case then either the nsc has not been updated or there are now 2 problems locally. I must contact the social media team tomorrow to try and get a definitive answer.

crambie
Regular

I tried that and received a prompt response but it was just a boilerplate one saying nothing useful. They couldn't give me any information like saying when work would eventually be started or when it would be completed.

Best solution
Cherenjeet
Regular

Update:

On the 16th (3 days ago) the network status checker displayed  "upgrades were being done in this area". That afternoon I started recieving normal speeds. Now the network status checker displays "Were fixing issues with our network in this area" but I am still receiving normal speeds.

After reading some of the replies I am fortunate to say that my speeds came back fairly quickly. However, I still think this is a joke as it caused me a lot of inconvenience. Three has awful customer service and at the very least could have alerted me to the maintenance if it was planned.

If you are experiencing the same issue I encountered, I hope it resolves soon.

From my experience there was nothing that i could do. It's just a waiting game.

Ian_M
Active

You're lucky they've been fixing a mast near me for about 4 months now 🤣